+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hull match thread

Hull match thread

I haven't had the pleasure before but seeing as it is nearly time for bed here and nobody has posted yet, its my turn

Tonight will be a tough away game against an unpredictable Hull with some new player coming into the side after the transfer window has closed. Hopefully Saints tried and tested pressing game will be enough for the three points. As I have predicted I think it is about time our forward line fired, all at the same time and our defence makes a return to its early season standard. I have predicted a big win for Saints. All finger crossed. See you for the game, 6.00am Sydney time.

re: Hull match thread

The 2nd of 3 very important games in just over a week for Saints..

The new strike pairing of Long and Jelavic seems to have hit the ground running and given Hull a boost. If Fonte and Yoshida can keep those two under wraps, then this is a game we should have enough to win - and at least Hull should try and play a little football (which will suit us), unlike the anti-footballing tactics of Stoke last weekend..

Shane Long is the biggest threat to me, he falls over at the slightest touch and will be looking to do that in the penalty area yet again, im really hoping that both Yoshi and Fonte will be on their game tonight, because if theyre not, its going to blow my prediction out of the water.

COYS

I've always liked Hull as a club & I also like their manager Steve Bruce who's a genuine nice bloke, will be a very tough game tonight but I think we have enough about us to get the 3 points.

COYS

I've yet to look, but presume there'll be a feed or two for tonight's game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    I've yet to look, but presume there'll be a feed or two for tonight's game?
    Wiziwig for me. Open to other suggestions though if anyone finds a really good one.

Good win tonight, job jobbed.

Hull should have no complaints. Outclassed from start to finish, and lucky that we only scored the one.

As Pents says - job, jobbed

Hull set up today for the draw - they were difficult to break down so credit to Saints for a very organised and impressive performance!
    COYS

Effectively, if not yet mathematically , safe from relegation, and it's not yet mid February. Nice bit of bed blocking there.

Hope we kick on now and don't rest on laurels.

Good result last night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast