+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum embarrassment - long post warning

Forum embarrassment - long post warning

On the whole, idiotic questions - answered by idiots. The only person from the club or trust to come out of it with any credit was Kavanagh (barely), who compared to the owners sounded like an Irish Stephen Hawking (obviously without the voice box).

We begin with some brown nosed happy clapper "praising" Andrew Jenkins. Yes, that's right - Jenkins has done such a fantastic job of running the club he had to lend (that's lend, not invest) A?600,000 to prevent the club going into administration. He deserves praise for this why? If he and Nixon hadn't done such a horrific job running the club there would not have been any shortfall. All this extra debt does is makes the club less of an attractive proposition for any potential buyer - which is exactly the way the owners and the silent partner want it. You'd have to be a total simpleton to think this praiseworthy.

Next a question to the owners about what the club would say to the fans to encourage them back. The answer - Kavanagh harping o

re: Forum embarrassment - long post warning

Hit the nail on the head piglet sadly the people of the city have lost interest in the club the only thing that will change that is a new ambitious owner.
    Your quite right that since the present owners took over they have successfully taken us from being on the fringe of going up to the championship to relegation fodder, the lack of interest and postings in here are a sign of just how little people now care.

Firm but fair, can't believe the board haven't thought of having a coffee morning to raise funds.

Nice post P_P you seem to have summarised the long-standing attitude of the club and the owners.

I didn't even bother listening this time and seriously don't know why they bother as they won't tell the fans anything.

All you receive is lies on top of more lies.

S****horpe replica ground here we come fit for the Conference whilst a nice retirement fund is set up for the four of them if you include the hidden one pulling the strings.

Brilliant!! was going to post something similar along those lines myself, I didn't hear the forum, however I got the vibe of what was coming, Mr Jenkins, we are in this state because of you...you have done this to our club once before, Mr Stokoe had similar problems back in the day, you are killing our club...and its all your doing.

And that - as they say - is that.

Thanks for info, pp.

It beggars believe that the cronies running the club cannot see that they are the source of the problem and that by continuing to fail the club, the city and it's fans they should be embarrassed and ashamed - but I guess they don't give a f*** about anything but themselves and their overly inflated egos.

Sad, but true.

Only an opinion, of course.

Great post piglet... tips hat

The fact that only 40 fans turned up (if that is accurate) says it all for me...I only wish this would serve as a wake up call for the BOD but it wont will it.

I will never understand how a failing management structure is still in charge of our club...They are out of their depth and comfort zone.

They are dinosaurs stuck in a bloody time warp and they are responsible for losing nearly A?1 million quid over the last 2 years.

Jenkins should be embaressed to ever ask for this money back.

They dont seem to a have a clue how to run a football business in 2014 do they...and the fans can see right through their ridiculous statements...

95% of fans would pass a vote on no confidence in the BOD if we had the chance

Its truly a pathetic situation

Yes Piglet a very interesting post.
    The only thing is you have slated every single aspect of the club from the BoD, Management (at least your criticism of G.K. was a thinly disguised compliment) The Trust, Supporters (well comedy Scotsmen at least ) and even ex players.
    In the main I have no problem with your comments and in amongst all your bluster, there is usually a bit of common sense and insight.
    The problem I have is that you appear just to be slating for slatings sake and slashing out at everyone with equal amounts of venom.
    You don't rate the suggestion of Lumsden as some sort of ambassador for the club then?
    Well I'll tell you what Pig, if all he has to live up to are people like our Director of Football, he would be a 100% improvement.
    Lumsden, at the very least, was a member of our last consistently successful team and the younger element of our ever dwindling support would at least be able to relate to him and possibly recognise him in the street if they bumped into him.

The bit I don't understand is that if I acquired ownership of Carlisle United and bundled loads of cash into a failed promotion push that was partly down to my own naivety then I could walk away and say that I want my money back.

Doesn't look good does it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)