+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 draw

Euro 2016 draw

So, Scotand will face Germany, Georgia, Gibraltar, Poland and Ireland!

Can we finish 2nd or 3rd?

re: Euro 2016 draw

No, its another poor draw for Scotland and I think its safe to say that they won't be going to Euro 2016 as Germany will romp that group with 2nd and 3rd being between Ireland and Poland. Even if Scotland did manage to scrape 3rd they'd only lose the playoff.

Disappointing draw... again. Germany are clearly strongest, but I'm not sure that any of the other countries can look forward to many 'away' points. If we nail it at home - and we've been looking better at Hampden recently - and scramble a point or two away we might not be out of it.

I am not as pessimistic. Other than Germany, I think all the other teams (Except Gibraltar) will take points of each other, giving us a chance to sneak in there.

What a relief. I thought it was only Motherwell that LSM was pessimistic about.

Got the Jerries first, away. Hopefully, they'll be slow off the mark. Best we can hope for is 3rd. Still, I won't learn my lesson and will be rooting for the lads until we're out of it !

Quote Originally Posted by wellbred
    What a relief. I thought it was only Motherwell that LSM was pessimistic about.
    Scotland are cack. To be fair the pessimism is justified. Our record at Hampden is dismal.

Interesting point about their record at Hampden as that'll still be out of commission to football matches until February 2015 following the commonwealth games so the first few games will either be at Ibrox or Parkhead so whether that will help or hinder the Scots will be interesting. Saying that though if they play the Irish at Celtic Park it'll be like a home game for the Irish as they'll have more support in the crowd than Scotland will.

But none of that will matter in the grand scheme of things as Scotland do not have it in them to qualify for a major tournament at the expense of Germany, Ireland or Poland. They don't have the quality and more importantly perhaps, like us at club level, don't have the gumption for it. The very best they can hope for is to just pip one of them to third and then take positives from the inevitable glorious failure that follows in the playoff. It's the Scottish way.

i wouldn't be so quick to write the team off. Bar germany, who are looking to win the whole thing and take qualifying as given, poland are only 2 pts above in co-eff and the rest below. I think we have had some good performances of late; for example czech republic. So lets see how it goes.

Would it be a good time to bring Bertie back into the Scotland set up for some inside information on Germany...ffs just a thought!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)