+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alan Pardew - Life ?

Alan Pardew - Life ?

Just curious to know peoples views on his 'incident'. Personally, whilst I agree that he is clearly in the wrong I do wonder at the calls for his head on a plate. He's been given a formal warning and a hundred grand fine. It could be argued that he's rich and can afford but if the fine had been a million quid would the matter be closed ? Nah, the FA will now tuck in and, I guess, will need to 'top' any punishment to date. A long stadium ban could lead to his dismissal and so it goes on. I guess, if it was 'just a hard shove (punch like!)' there wouldn't be the fuss. In fact the other chap might have been in trouble for pushing a Premiership Manager. Like I started with, I know Pardew has committed a crime but should he really be hung out to dry ? PS I have know allegiance with Newcastle, whatsoever.

re: Alan Pardew - Life ?

It's bollox.
    Yes he was stupid and yes he's got previous, but some of the comments being made are laughable. I heard a news headline on the radio earlier saying that Police had confirmed no criminal proceedings would be taken against him; I nearly laughed out loud while I was driving, talk about over the top!
    He's been fined and will be slapped on the wrist, end of, as far as I'm concerned

Whatever our views he has been charged with Improper Conduct by the FA and has till Thursday evening to reply. As a guideline I didn't see what Paul Ince actually did when he received his 5 match stadium ban. However it seems that many within the FA view Pardew's offence more serious than Ince's. We shall see on Friday I should think.

He has received a 3 match stadium ban which will be followed by a 4 match touch line ban. Add on to that a Pounds 60k fine. Off to Fp myself

Pardew didn't head butt anyone and a 7 game ban and AŁ160k in fines is, imo, ridiculous.
    1 game ban and warning as to future conduct would be sufficient.
    What would happen to you at your place of work if you nodded at a colleague during an argument?
    Suspended from work for a couple of weeks and fined a month's wages?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)