+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Plans?

Summer Transfer Plans?

So, it looks like Dougie the "tinkerman" has a massive rebuilding job to do in the summer. I expect Mears, Knight & Eagles to be released as they are out of contract and there are still question marks over Holden's future and Moritz, who is also out of contract.

I think Lonergan will go and Chungy too and there will be no future for Keith Andrews and Marvin Sordell. If we can get rid of all of these players, there will be plenty of money available to bring in some quality players, hopefully! I don't think Dougie will be splashing the cash in transfer fees, but we badly need a total overhaul of the squad.

What do you think?

re: Summer Transfer Plans?

I think he's got a big test coming this summer,

He cant argue he hasnt had time if we dont start well next year so a big summer to get it right or I think he'll be out early season

Looks like we're going to need quite a few new players, what with the loan players going back, also not sure whether we have enough good young players to make the step up.

Over to you Dougie

I'd still rather sack Freedman now and get someone in who know's what he is doing in summer to sort this mess out!

Apparently, Derby have made enquiries for Eagles & Keith Andrews. They can both shove off! This should save the club about 40K a week in wages for those two.

Can't disagree with anything that you wrote gary

I would take eagles bk to burnley

Eagles will be no use to you whatsoever in the Prem Claret. He can't get in our side at the moment and we're flailing around at the bottom of the championship.His problems have always been his inconsistency,his inability/unwillingness to track back and help his full back and the fact that he doesn't like to get his hair wet.

Been a big let down this season, maybe he's fell out with Doogie, time for him to go.

Our club firstly needs a good chairman that an owner like Eddie Davis can put faith into them with credibility that he has at club level won trophies and has respect from football agents worldwide.

Gartside has never had any of this at all on his cv.

So i recommend to eddie davis if you want bolton fans to fill the terraces and have faith in your management structure then gartsides not your man but Rick Parr former chief exct from liverpool has and he is cheeper than gartside I know this.

secondly Rick parry would bring in the feel good factor with results and a coaching team that would resemble Liverpool from the 90's to 2000 type and style.

still better than anything gartside could ever offer

why because sponsors have faith in rick parr from his previous records of cups and champions league trophies.

even if we dont reach those dizzy heights at least being close we wouls all enjoy and be in a better position.

if you had a pole who would footy agents prefer to deal with Rick p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)