+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Referee Brines' error costs Motherwell

Referee Brines' error costs Motherwell

We were struggling to hold on but killed off by a poor decision. - view external link

re: Referee Brines' error costs Motherwell

Brines always was, always is and always will be an absolute sham of a man, GTF and retire!

We can blame brines all we want, and he did s**** on us from a great height, but our inability to deal with high balls cost us. Especially at important times in the game. Not for the first time this season.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    We can blame brines all we want, and he did s**** on us from a great height, but our inability to deal with high balls cost us. Especially at important times in the game. Not for the first time this season.
    Exactly we were utterly desperate today. St Mirren got what they deserved even without Brines making a James hunt of it. Every ball they delivered into our area had danger written all over it. Its not often I disagree with McCalls after match comments but today he was at a different match from me.

[quote="steviex" date="20:29 on 05 Apr
    Exactly we were utterly desperate today. St Mirren got what they deserved even without Brines making a James hunt of it. Every ball they delivered into our area had danger written all over it. Its not often I disagree with McCalls after match comments but today he was at a different match from me.[/quote]

Every manger and his dog knows that we can't deal with crosses, high balls, corners and free kicks. So why do we cheaply concede so many? Defend higher up the pitch and instruct whoever is playing in midfield and full back to prevent such high balls. I don't care how good an attacker is in the air he can't score if he doesn't get the ball.

The way we sit back in games every time we take the lead means we are going to give a lot more set pieces away during the course of the season.

It's a cop out to blame today on the referee. Yes he had a shocker and made a serious blunder with the penalty but we got what we deserved in the end because yet again our defending was catastrophic for the entire game and to throw away a 2-0 lead yet again after doing so at Easter Road last month is unprofessional and galling. We simply don't have what it takes to soak up pressure so why we constantly sit on leads is baffling.

I find McCall's post match comments claiming that the penalty decision "cost us the three points" pretty pathetic and embarrassing to be honest because an equaliser had been coming for a while as we were all at sea whenever the ball came anywhere near our box and that apart, even if the penalty was soft we conceded again 60 seconds later so we obviously switched off. Its typical nonsense from McCall to try and take the heat off his and the team's shortfalls by focussing on a refereeing decision. He did the same in the Aberdeen cup tie with the disallowed goal b

Bitterly disappointing today. I'm very well aware of our own shortcomings, but the comments of 'Aw naw' around me when the ref change was announced tell their own story. OK, we shot ourselves in the foot eventually, but that wasn't a penalty, and we seemed to be penalised more often than Saints for what looked like similar challenges.
    And am I the only one who finds the way we're supervised at St.Mirren really almost offensive? I go the length and breadth of the country with the 'Well; I may be wrong, but the police presence in Paisley seemed much heavier than it is at other venues. What on earth were the mounted police for? I don't remember anything like that at Firhill, for example. What's going on?

Maybe a fan boycott of St Mirren's ground is what is required? The difference in policing tactics between our games at Paisley and Celtic's games at Fir Park needs to be scrutinised.

Once again we get beat and lawman on never on when we win IMO McCall is right we never played we'll and had dodgy moments today especially in 1 st half but going into last 5 mins I did feel we had survived the storm and a mega dodgy penalty lost us the game so McCall was not pathetic he was saying what all real well fans thought .Aberdeen have had dodgy decisions all season and have taken advantage of it I can't think of 1 major decision that has gone for us this season but feel free to prove me wrong. Just because we don't play well doesn't mean we deserve dodgy calls to defeat us all I want is a fair crack of the whip and this season imo we have not had it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)