+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Squad situation

Squad situation

Deals offered to Banjo, McManus, Deuchar, Cook and Hamilton.

The two latter have been offered deals elsewhere but as they under 23, interested clubs will need to pay a transfer fee - view external link

re: Squad situation

Going by twitter and social media -

Alan Cook has signed for East Fife
    Colin Hamilton has signed for Brechin
    Kenny Deuchar will be with us for pre-season, then off to Brazil then who knows?

Sad that both Hammy and Cookie are leaving.

It means we have;
    Scott Morrison

Ricky Little
    Michael Travis

Bobby Linn
    Kevin Nicoll
    Paul Sheerin
    Chris Scott
    Conner Birse
    Kieran McWalter

Simon Murray

Can see why Hammy has went to Brechin Div 1

However why has Cooky went to East Fife...same division as us, ah well we just have to get on with it i suppose the merry go round has started again two good players gone unsure still about Ricky Little though need time to tell after his long injury lay off i suppose.Fingers Crossed we get some decent players in...(-:

I hope we don't fart about like we did last season and have a late flurry of signings weeks before we kicked off, I think that was part of the reason we started slow, imo this is a MASSIVE season for the club and we have to get QUALITY signings on-board asap.

Push the boat out to get Shagger McManus signed as he could do for us what S****s does for Emmerdale and could be the difference of us winning the league and not, also would love to see Dr Goals signed up as well, but a BIG priority is getting a couple big experienced central defenders as both Little and Trav could also play at full back.

Michael Wallace has signed. Has been training with the squad since Christmas and has been playing for Lochore in the juniors. A winger/striker.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC1320
    I hope we don't fart about like we did last season and have a late flurry of signings weeks before we kicked off, I think that was part of the reason we started slow, imo this is a MASSIVE season for the club and we have to get QUALITY signings on-board asap.

Push the boat out to get Shagger McManus signed as he could do for us what S****s does for Emmerdale and could be the difference of us winning the league and not, also would love to see Dr Goals signed up as well, but a BIG priority is getting a couple big experienced central defenders as both Little and Trav could also play at full back.
    PS needs to get his finger out and get the players he has offered deals to to sign up or otherwise and get some players in asap. Juniors and the youth players are fine as squad players but the spine of the team needs good solid proven players. The season ended for us earlier than the Fifers but they are already building while we seem to be in

I'm sure the finger is out and working away. It's only Banjo and McManus who I guess have to tell him what they are doing as I am sure Deuchar won't make any decisions until after he gets back from Brazil.

A lot of clubs are releasing players but East Fife have only signed 3, but they just released 13!

Contracts, fees, players on holidays etc. Things take time. Rather sign the right players who will add to the core we have rather than just numbers.

Not words I thought I would ever have said, but sad to hear John Gemmell has signed for Albion Rovers and not us. Would have hoped we could have avoided against playing him at the very least.

This discussion is starting to sound depressingly like last year's. Some promising attacking options but little in the central defence department. I know this is a priority, but like everyone else I'm starting to get nervous about the lack of defensive signings.

On the positive side, there must be some funding freed up by releasing established players like Cook and Hammy. That might give us the cash to attract the centre backs we need.

Wish I had your confidence:

The Beast Gemmill has signed for ALBION ROVERS?? FFS that is incredible, as much as he was a k-nob I would have loved have to seen him at our club as he is a great striker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)