+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T UKIP

O/T UKIP

UKIP like them or not? Looks like they're going to dint the labour stronghold

re: O/T UKIP

Labour have got alot of work to do to reconnect with the electorate locally and nationally.

How can UKIP succeed when we are in the largest cost of living crisis for a generation, this should be Labour bread and butter stuff. Where is the fight? Labour have made nothing but a wimper in fighting the Tory cuts, faceless and anonymous in the town nationally and locally.

I heard nothing from any of the main parties in the run up to polling day, where were the labour activists telling me what my local councillor (who ever he/she is/was) was doing to fight in my?

For too long it seems labour has taken the north for granted, according to a source I found Ukip polled 44% of the vote here in Rotherham, 4% higher than labour. They need to get back to basics and reconnect with the electorate. They need to work damn hard to get alot of ordinary working people back onside.

How can labour fight the cuts? It was labour that got us in this mess, then sit back and watch us all suffer because more was going out than coming in. One things for sure I guarantee none of the politicians are suffering!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine_Miller
    Labour have got alot of work to do to reconnect with the electorate locally and nationally.

How can UKIP succeed when we are in the largest cost of living crisis for a generation, this should be Labour bread and butter stuff. Where is the fight? Labour have made nothing but a wimper in fighting the Tory cuts, faceless and anonymous in the town nationally and locally.

I heard nothing from any of the main parties in the run up to polling day, where were the labour activists telling me what my local councillor (who ever he/she is/was) was doing to fight in my?

For too long it seems labour has taken the north for granted, according to a source I found Ukip polled 44% of the vote here in Rotherham, 4% higher than labour. They need to get back to basics and reconnect with the electorate. They need to work damn hard to get alot of ordinary working people back onside.
    Absolutely bang on mate, Labour have gone miles away fr

Quote Originally Posted by smithythemiller
    How can labour fight the cuts? It was labour that got us in this mess, then sit back and watch us all suffer because more was going out than coming in. One things for sure I guarantee none of the politicians are suffering!
    Quite simply rubbish that mate, that's just not the reason we are in this mess, have you forgotten about the banking crisis then? shafted by global banking systems is a more realistic answer, though labour couldv'e/shouldve done something about the banks much earlier in their tenure.

Have a google of the facts. Labour are known for spending beyond there means. In 1997 they took on a budget that was in balance. In little over 10 years they left the country in AŁ170 BIllion in debt. People don't think there needs to be cuts? I'm no fan of the torys but they have brought this debt down rapidly.

That's always been the way Smithy.

In laymans terms, Labour overspend the country gets into debt people are unhappy about it and vote them out. Tories come in and slash all spending to pay off some of the debt so the people start to hate them and vote them out.

Vicious circle because there's never been a genuine 3rd option. I don't think UKIP are the 3rd option but it might make the two major parties sit up and think..

I agree loyal. Which ones the safer option? My view not the ones that spend spend spend, Then ridicule the others when they cut things to pay there mess off. Things will get better with this government I believe but put labour back in and your kids and grand kids and great grand kids will suffer like this again. While the people that run the party are sat laughing and have no idea the price or value of things and have probably never worked longer than an 8 hour shift.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic
    Quite simply rubbish that mate, that's just not the reason we are in this mess, have you forgotten about the banking crisis then? shafted by global banking systems is a more realistic answer, though labour couldv'e/shouldve done something about the banks much earlier in their tenure.[/quote]

Labour pushed borrowing too high. A country runs on tax income. The banking crisis and property crash took away chunks of that tax income leaving a fragile government exposed.

What you're saying is like you borrowing against your income, like we all do with mortgages and credit cards, then you lose you job and it all comes crashing down.
    Is that your fault for borrow

There is no labour government anymore and i doubt there ever will be...they are just a milder version of the tory party...one lets you buy your council house and then takes your job away, the other taxes you to death to pay for more immigrants..nothing special or anything significant ever happens when either party are in power..
    While ever we stay old fashioned in voting for either of these two partys, nothing will ever change..and now surely its time for a proper change...how can ukip , make a worse job than these two sets of clowns?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast