+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Greatest day in the Club's history

Greatest day in the Club's history

Amazing game, day, performance, fight back, 'Revellino', penalty shoot out, fans' performance, one of the greatest performances of our lifetimes, and Alex Revell one of the greatest goals you will ever, ever see - amazing - my lovely Rotherham !!!!! - view external link

re: Greatest day in the Club's history

What a day!!!! Proud to witness this great day. I witnessed the double with Ronnie but this beats those days hands down UTM

I think you're right Mark, we've won promotion to the second tier four times I think and every time has been a great achievement but never at Wembley. There have been some great victories such as Newcastle in 1955(?), Liverpool 6-1, Chelsea 10-1, Manchester United, Arsenal whenever we play them in the cup, but none of those actually won anything. Today, we did. Yes I think it's our greatest day.

To be honest I found the game to be the closest to purgatory I have ever been. Revells second and the final missed penalty apart, I really didn't enjoy the game one bit. The scenes afterwards were fantastic though!

It's the best way to win promotion as long as you win. Best football day ever for me.

Never thought anything would match "Alan Lee day" but I think for me, that surpassed even that great day in 2001.
    Not enough words to describe my admiration of what has been achieved by SIR Tony Stewart (only a matter of time) and the excellent team beside him off the pitch, and of course what has been achieved on the pitch by the entire playing staff led by the best backroom team the Football League has seen for many years, Steve Evans, Paul Raynor, Paul Warne, Andy Dibble and the legend that is Denis Circuit (I salute you all)

[quote="ZIPPY64" but I think for me, that surpassed even that great day in 2001.
    Not enough words to describe my admiration of what has been achieved by SIR Tony Stewart (only a matter of time) and the excellent team beside him off the pitch, and of course what has been achieved on the pitch by the entire playing staff led by the best backroom team the Football League has seen for many years, Steve Evans, Paul Raynor, Paul Warne, Andy Dibble and the legend that is Denis Circuit (I salute you all)[/quote]

whaat a fitting finale for denis circuit and les payne

From a dingle...well done Rovrum ya deserve it. You've had a fantastic season and you've earned the right to have a pop at em in the Championship. Best of luck