+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Scum Departure

Your Favourite Scum Departure

A number of key personnel at Scum have departed over the last couple of years and whilst I'd like to use Mr Liebherr's own individual way of leaving the club in the poll I think it might be a little tasteless. So which is your fave so far?

1. Cortese - Spunked as much money as he could till he got caught and told to leave.
    2. Potty - Realised there was no money left and departed to the one club in the Prem (given that we're not there) the Scum fans really don't like.
    3. Lambert - Buttered them up with a sickly leaving note but still managed to be the first player out of the door.
    4. Shaw - Seemingly in talks with Man Utd during the final day fixture. May as well have caught their bus home.
    5. Lallana - Couldda been a hero like Le Tissier but instead reminded them what a bunch of small time trophyless numpties they are. The piccie of him in the paper was even funnier.
    6. Lovren - "My head is already at Liverpool". That's a high quality line Dejan.

We may yet have a late entry from

re: Your Favourite Scum Departure

Been trying to remember which of their fans posted a few months ago that they arent a selling club, they dont need to sell ..

Think I'd agree with your Lallana choice. Seems like his first England Cap fell over his eyes and changed his view of the world.
    Obviously best to keep your mouth shut, say Thank You and leave quietly.
    Not a selling club, they've always been a selling club, would've sold LeTis but couldn't get him to leave.

Looking at that list I don't have a fave as they are all good in their own subtle way.

It makes grim reading however if you are a little Scumptie and for that reason I love them all and wish them well wherever they have scarpered off to.

Where is the poster Branfoot? Where is he?

The reality is that Southampton posters should abandon the moral high ground. They are losing their best players. We lost ours. They chose infrastructure. Our dismal owners brought us an FA Cup. The reality is much the same: neither club can muscle in on the London/Manchester/Liverpool triumvirate- global brands annually reinforced by Champions League monies.

[quote="chiswickmart"]A number of key personnel at Scum have departed over the last couple of years and whilst I'd like to use Mr Liebherr's own individual way of leaving the club in the poll I think it might be a little tasteless. So which is your fave so far?

1. Cortese - Spunked as much money as he could till he got caught and told to leave.
    2. Potty - Realised there was no money left and departed to the one club in the Prem (given that we're not there) the Scum fans really don't like.
    3. Lambert - Buttered them up with a sickly leaving note but still managed to be the first player out of the door.
    4. Shaw - Seemingly in talks with Man Utd during the final day fixture. May as well have caught their bus home.
    5. Lallana - Couldda been a hero like Le Tissier but instead reminded them what a bunch of small time trophyless numpties they are. The piccie of him in the paper was even funnier.
    6. Lovren - "My head is already at Liverpool". That's a high quali

My favourite Scum departure will be when they leave the Premiership - which could be in approximately 10 months time.

Nigel Atkins is the best, he must be laughing his socks off.

Quote Originally Posted by BileysThere
    Nigel Atkins is the best, he must be laughing his socks off.
    Can't go with Adkins as he didn't do anything wrong and they got over him so quickly (after such an outpouring of raw emotion).

La la for me. They really believed that he was one of them and now their poor little hearts are broken.

Welcome to the real world!

Shirley Nigel is the most ironic one???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)