+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players that have cost us a fortune and been a disaster...

Players that have cost us a fortune and been a disaster...

This is on wages and or transfer fee i'll start us off Elmander,N'gog,Sordell,Stuart Holden,Sean Davis,Mark Davies,Danny ****tu...

re: Players that have cost us a fortune and been a disaster...

Megson bought a ****ager called Connelly for £1 million, never heard anything of him much after that,I do know he never played for the first team.

Perhaps the worst signing of them all was Tyrone Mears.

We have not had transfer money back for many of Coyle or Megson's signings,, can think of Cahill, we made a small profit. We said we couldn't afford to get him in contract and get proper money. We couldn't afford not to, sign of being an amateur operation.

We have had terrible management, Chung Lee will go on a free, just like Eagles,Klasnic, Helguson, Diouf, Matt Taylor, Knight, Steinson, paid a fortune for these players but they just play or sit their contracts out and then they leave, and we are glad to get rid of most of them. We have just bought $hite, no club in their right mind would pay a transfer fee for them.

Bolton fans never stop complaining about Coyle paying 3 or so million for Sordell and never playing him (not that I disagree with them) which is only marginally more than Megson paid for Danny ****tu who not only never played, but had no potential to begin with.

Another one what I forgot about, Paul s***bag Robinson, what was Megson thinking , he bought his old bumchum from WBA on loan initially but we were obliged to buy him when the loan finished for i2 million, after as it turned out Megson had been sacked. That deal was as awful as it was strange. Both Coyle and Megson denied responsibility for signing him. We really did throw money away , Ricketts wasn't much better

Dean Holdsworth and (showing my age) Ian Moores who ranks as the worst player that I've ever seen pull a BWFC shirt on

jardel

Len Cantello. Long time ago I know but he cost us an absolute fortune at the time and did absolutely **** all for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJazz64
    Dean Holdsworth and (showing my age) Ian Moores who ranks as the worst player that I've ever seen pull a BWFC shirt on
    remember that big donkey sending us into unbridled raptures as he put us ahead down at Charlton in a game we had to win to avoid the drop.think we lost it 3 or 4 one.we went down

Quote Originally Posted by donboy
    Len Cantello. Long time ago I know but he cost us an absolute fortune at the time and did absolutely **** all for us.
    I remember this well Donboy he was an unmitigating disaster.

All of those lads, and what about Frank Passe,I think that was his.

Jesus Christ, over the 55 years I have been watcjing the Wanderers we have had some absolute ****e.

Some ****e when we have bought them, and some that we have turned inot ****e, who were decent players before we bought them. Len Cantello being one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)