+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: teams / scores macc

teams / scores macc

updates please guys

i am goin sat v wolves

re: teams / scores macc

Team for 1st half - Garratt, Tootle, Audel, Dugdale, Ray, Grant, Turton, Inman, Atkinson, Pogba. Trialist

H-T 0-1. Subs used - nolan, Oliver, Saunders, bailie. F-T 0-1.

Oh dear, and this could be our starting line up for the first league game!

Trialist was Ibra Sekajja who looked ok in spells and maybe another look again.

The rest, well where do I start...Lone striker last night so Pogs looks isolated and gave the ball away a few times. Tootle got done for the Macc goal, Turton had two long range efforts and covered ground well but don't think midfield suits him.
    Grant went off a few mins after an inocious challange that saw him knocked out, he booked for his second tackle although I thought the first one was far worse.

Inman made some good runs and looked threatening but would like to see him in the middle instead of the left.

The defensive pairing (Ray and Duggy) worry me dwelling on the ball too much and got done a few time with both blaming others bar themselves.

Oliver looked good when he came on adding his presence on the pitch by winning headers and linking up which nearly saw him score and the John Johnston looks sharp and had a shot go over the bar.

All in all I know it was a friendly but if we do play like la

Thanks Chalkster.
    I am not sure whether to be looking forward to real football, or dismayed that we have not yet got a team together. It seems that we have the players - or most of them - but not a team.
    Ah well. Roll on August and let battle commence.

Blessing in disguise that defeat, perhaps. Tootle was at fault for their goal and according to the Sentinel report, had a tough time against their lively winger. Obviously, I am only going on what I have read in the paper, but perhaps it may have a silver lining for the Alex, with our player of the season, staying put for the time being. We cannot afford to lose Twiggy mark 2.

I wonder if the lack of signings has affected the ST sales?

I suppose its fair to see how the team does over the first ten games or so before we make any judgement?

What worries most fans is maybe the club has forgotten that we just about stayed up last time around.

Never mind we are still solvent, unlike most clubs. At least I think we are unless Norman has done a runner!

Even the most outwardly optimistic have to be worried privately? There were 7 or 8 starters last night and it was pants.

The team has a spine of jelly and I worry for the scoreline(s).

Our keeper is still learning. Centre halves look very poor, Mid lacks creativity and Grant seems to be agitated each outing. There is No forward line at all, bar boot it up to Oliver and hope.

I am worried.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    I wonder if the lack of signings has affected the ST sales?

I suppose its fair to see how the team does over the first ten games or so before we make any judgement?

What worries most fans is maybe the club has forgotten that we just about stayed up last time around.

Never mind we are still solvent, unlike most clubs. At least I think we are unless Norman has done a runner!

Mike why do you keep hijacking topics with constant references to NH its old news , and in most cases irrelevant to the subject matter ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast