+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play offs!!!!

Play offs!!!!

So I went 3 weeks without playing. Missed a game because of illness, one bye week and a rain out.

Finally played the last regular game of the season.

I was so out of shape and it was 35 degrees C at kick off dropping to 31 at the end.

We waltzed down the field and scred. A minute later added another. By the time I got to play we were 4-0 up. I cleared the ball right to team-mate who scored before half time.

I felt so worn out I did not start the second half. The opponent copied us and went straight down the field and scored and a minute later got another. Soon it was 5-3. Then our best player went on and soon scored.

We finished 6-3. The only positive for me was that they didn't score while I was out there.

I felt terrible though and vowed to play better in the play-offs. We were to face the same team without our best player who would be in Chicago.

I exercised hard on Sunday and Monday, lightly on Tuesday.

re: Play offs!!!!

I told myself all day I was going to play 50% better. I don't know how but I need more confidence on the ball. Same exact temps as last week. 35 dropping to 31C

My first touch was okay. Good start. Things were going good.

We had a nice attack going, I went into the box and Will played a low pass to my feet. Now in my head I quickly decided to control the ball and swivel hitting a left foot shot on the turn, but things didn't go the way I thought.

When I controlled the ball it just sat up beautifully and I decided to flick the outside of my right foot at the ball. You know that moment when you make perfect contact and know it? It was so sweet. I looked up to see the keeper scrambling across his goal in a vain attempt to bat the ball away.

We held on to the clean sheet and my team-mates added 8 more goals, but all I could think about was that freaking goal.

I went up to the keeper to sympathize with him and starting going on about my goal. I said sorry. He said what for? I said beca

Living the dream for the rest of us, good luck next week.

Statesy I want you tube footage for Messi like goals.

Oh heck me too.

I am always telling everyone to watch the replays of goals on the jumbotron. :-)

I was watching a game as I was warming up. A ball was centered in and hit this chick dead in the face and went in. She had no clue she'd scored.

Was the ball made of Rohypnol??

Sorry

Oh dear

You hit the sweet spot mate. Perfect timing, perfect spot on your boot. Great memory for you or a night time sleep fantasy where you're playing for villa. You know the one

In golf it's like the sound the driver makes when you make perfect contact with the golf ball. It also feels effortless. Cricket and baseball bats also have a sweet spot.

So do tennis racquets and apparently they tell me women.

Most definitely. Ask your wife. It's not too late.

Boom boom.

Oz did a funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)