+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not many complaints ... hindsight wonderful

Not many complaints ... hindsight wonderful

When reading the posts on this board the majority of people were happy with the likes of Molyneux who had been scoring for fun for Accrington. There were not many complaints about Audel.

This time Shearer was seemed to be a good solid signing and Haber people were happy with that signing.

Now those same people are saying what disastrous signings Molyneux Audel have been.

Everyone was delighted that Inman had signed but he has been inconsistent on his day a match winner.

The same with Grant but he was sensational second half of the season.

All managers make bad signings and make some bizarre tactical decisions. At the moment people criticising Wenger for lack of signings and Gaal for formation and signings ie not strengthening defence.

The wage issue is a major concern. Majority of footballers will move for money not for footballing reasons so the players open to us is massively reduced and those available won't be the same quality.

So with not being to attract the quality sig

re: Not many complaints ... hindsight wonderful

But Rochdale can attract the likes of Done, 4 goals here in 2 games! and not 27 mil in transfer fees either over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    But Rochdale can attract the likes of Done, 4 goals here in 2 games! and not 27 mil in transfer fees either over the years.
    Paul I agree but that is not down to the manager. The Rochdale result was really bad in terms of scoreline and performance.

Done until he played against us had not scored I think for over 12 months.

I am at a lost of why as a club we are not cash rich Steve Davis said in interview after jpt that to get someone in would have to get rid of someone which seems crazy with the amount of income received by the club over the last few years not only in transfers but merchandise from two Wembley trips.

It would seem to be beneath CAFC and Dario to accept a Cat3/4 academy status which was oddly about the level we were at BEFORE with all the success and failures we had over the years.

If as seems the money is going to support the new FA rules and non football employees at the expense of the First team, then you pays your money at the turnstiles or not? ie allow Rochdale to beat us easily! Something they very rarely did even in the bad old days Derek! That's thousands of hours coaching for you!

Matty Done Profile below.

Many years at Wrexham and a midfielder not a striker and so how was he able to score 4 goals against us?

Question for others as I didn't see him.

Did he stand out as someone that had a lot of coaching or just a journeyman Pro doing a better job on the day? Was he any better or worse than any of ours?

Is this not a valid question on academy vs non academy? Maybe an unfair question? - view external link

Mike he was an experienced pro who took his chances on the night. The whole difference between us and Rochdale was the speed of their attacks which is something I have said is too slow too many sideways/backwards passing. Academy v non academy I think it has to be a balance between the two that's is experienced pro like Haber who can guide our youngsters and coach them in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexonTour
    Mike he was an experienced pro who took his chances on the night. The whole difference between us and Rochdale was the speed of their attacks which is something I have said is too slow too many sideways/backwards passing. Academy v non academy I think it has to be a balance between the two that's is experienced pro like Haber who can guide our youngsters and coach them in the game.
    Thanks for that mate..

I know we have much success with our passing game over the years but Dario never used to like anyone shooting from distance and was more pleased when we walked the ball into the net and that used to annoy me when we spent half the match tip tapping passes to each other and sideways like you say and forgot that the whole purpose was to score goals and be as direct as we could in going forwards. Also its putting more pressure on the defence if the ball is constantly coming back to them and why Granty gets stuck around the half way

Alex on tour I completely agree with you. I honestly feel that we have made positive signings some have worked really well some haven't but all were considered great at the time. I'm still supporting Davis as I feel he's got a tough job with the lack of resources being made to him. If anyone's trying to spin things it's the board.

Quote Originally Posted by CreweC
    Alex on tour I completely agree with you. I honestly feel that we have made positive signings some have worked really well some haven't but all were considered great at the time. I'm still supporting Davis as I feel he's got a tough job with the lack of resources being made to him. If anyone's trying to spin things it's the board.
    Who considered them great at the time then? I did n't - why would I when I had n't seen them play? The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Setting aside the loan signings and those signed this summer, which of Steve's signings over the previous two summers have been an unqualified success? I'll give you Pogba...

Lee Molyneux was called League Two's Gareth Bale - that's just a sound bite that the gullible buy into, he has n't done it on the pitch in a Crewe shirt, I don't know why, it might not be his fault, he has n't done it, that's all most fans see...

Well we have Ellis and pogba, one left for money the other we all agree his absence is certainly part of our defensive frailties. Oman started brightly but over the following season became less combative and less reliable. West showed glimpses but never fully shone plus he had to be a square peg in a round hole sometimes as a center mid. And as was said there was a lot of excitement about molyneux and people seemed happy too with audel, unfortunately they haven't been reliable at our level. In the loan market I feel Steve has been shrewd, aside from park and evans his signings tended to do a job, albeit a new more than others. Plus look at Fergies record:
    Bebe
    Nani
    Anderson
    veron
    forlan
    Fabio
    Buttner
    Young
    Kagawa
    Carroll
    Howard
    Hargreaves
    Owen

And those are just off the top of my head.
    Think of the money spent their and remember this is one of the greatest managers of all time who signed them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast