+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons in Europe - Programmes

Dons in Europe - Programmes

I've a forthcoming project coming up - in 2015.

First step first - I am looking to fill some gaps in terms of match Programmes involving Aberdeen in Europe since 1967.

I have most of our programmes from European games in good condition but I am missing the following:

v KR Reykevik (Away)
    v Standard Liage (Away)
    v Slavia Sofia (Away)
    v Zaragoza (Away)
    v Honved (Away)
    v Celta Vigo (Away)
    v Juventus (Away)
    v B.Moenchengladbach (Away) played in Nurnburg
    v RWD Molenbeek (Away)
    v M.Dimitriv (Away)
    v Fortuna Dusseldorf (Away)
    v Eintracht Frankfurt (Away)
    v Dinamo Tirana (Away)
    v Lech Poznan (Away)
    v Waterschei (Away)
    v Porto (Away)
    v Akranes (Away)
    v Sion (Away) 1982 game
    v BK Copenhagen 1903(Away)
    v Barry Town (Away)
    v Zalgiris Vilnius (Away)
    v Torino (Away)
    v Skonto (Away)
    v Panathiniakos (Away)

There were Dons fans at some of these games even back to the ones in Bulgaria in the 1970's - people went on club flight. I know this as it was often mentioned in the home programmes thes

re: Dons in Europe - Programmes

I was in Torino.

No memory of ever seeing a program.

But then again I think I forgot my at one point.

Was at the Panathinaikos game, looked for a programme, didn't see one, did get some sort of UEFA magazine that was on sale though.

Ok, thanks. The Panathiniakos UEFA mag is not official I think - so looks like that game is also a NO as regards Dons programmes.

There wasn't a Juventus away programme but there is any unofficial magazine that mentions the game

Quote Originally Posted by SMsW
    There wasn't a Juventus away programme but there is any unofficial magazine that mentions the game
    I actually contacted some guy in Milan as regards this game. He said there was one and I have tried to track it down but no luck. Unofficial ones are common in Italy but its not what I am looking for ideally - but it depends how legit it looks via the front cover. I will be getting in touch with AFC eventually.

You'll find wee pictures of the programme covers on some of the match pages on AFC Heritage website (example linked)

Should help determine which games from your list had programmes done - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by EuroMeister
    I actually contacted some guy in Milan as regards this game. He said there was one and I have tried to track it down but no luck. Unofficial ones are common in Italy but its not what I am looking for ideally - but it depends how legit it looks via the front cover. I will be getting in touch with AFC eventually.[/quote]

I am a collector too & there wasn't one. The unofficial one (which I have) looks decent though.

OK. Its a little early but I would appreciate a scan of it and could pay for this - I understand if not. But I will get to you on this.

Im not at home now but put your email addy up

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast