+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanderers play down reports of Thai takeover

Wanderers play down reports of Thai takeover

WANDERERS have played down talks of a potential Thai takeover.

Overnight reports claimed Thai groups BEC-Tero and Siam Sport Syndicate were preparing a £40million joint bid to acquire the football club from owner Eddie Davies.

Quotes attributed to BEC-Tero managing director Bryan Marcar appeared to lend substance to the story but speaking to The Bolton News this morning, chairman Phil Gartside insisted that no deal was in the offing.

“We have spoken to several parties who have expressed interest in investing in the club but these quotes from Thailand come as a complete surprise to me,” he told The Bolton News.

“Other than what has appeared this morning it is business as usual here.”

It is understood that talks took place several months ago between Wanderers and Marcar – who was also involved in an unsuccessful takeover at Championship rivals Reading - but that the deal has not progressed since.

Davies and Gartside, speaking on behalf of the board, have indicated that the

re: Wanderers play down reports of Thai takeover

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteArmy4Ever
    “They're quite ready in almost every aspect. That will help us benefit in many ways, especially when it comes to Thai players playing in England.”
    Uh oh!!!! :/

Uh Oh indeed. Just imagine the kids with their replica number 9 andd TING TONG shirts !!

Struggling to the last decent Thai player that caught my eye??

With our recent history i'm sure the last thing we need is to be centre of a betting scandal.

I read that they had said BWFC were £150M in debt but have a plan to address... be a good ideal if they shared that with us too.

How can the Thai's be any worse at running our club than our English owner and chairman who call themselves Bolton fans but have allowed the club to sink without a trace! - view external link

If I'm honest, I'd quite like the Championship to remain 'foreign investor' free. Unlike the Premiership, it's a proper league...anyone can beat anyone. I really don't mind being in this league so much, as long as we are competitive. It was often frustrating in the Premiership going weeks without a win and just hoping to scrape a draw here and there. I generally believe that most fans are happy seeing their team winning every week, regardless of the league they're in (just my opinion)

But the only way of filling the stadium is by getting back into the premiership or halfing the price of season tickets while we are in the championship!

Clearly were suffering a distinct lack of investment, in terms of on the pitch, personally (without me being any kind of expert) we need a take over …to clear the massive debts & invest in the team , that will take some doing …I mean money ….
    Who in the right mind would want to do that (given the current debts?)

I agree with JC, wouldn’t want foreign investment I suppose, however that then leaves us with even less potential buyers

Please god let this not be true has anyone noticed the 40million these investers have,typical bwfc, clubs like forrest get bought by billionaires,and a consortium with buttons could be buying us.To be honest im sickend by the thought.

Mixed feelings about this.

Quite simply because there's no knowing how they'll run the club.

If they want to come in, clear the debt, invest a bit into the team and turn us into a profitable enterprise again, without damaging the club's traditions, it's stuff that dreams are made of.

Unfortunately it's rarely that simple with people like this, especially when it comes to clubs our size.

It's not gonna happen but if it did I'd be very afraid

There's some seriously dodgy sh1t associated with these "investors" from the far east. Take Brum as a perfect example :/ :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)