+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Clough

Zach Clough

I can't think of one quality he didn't demonstrate today.

There's no way this lad is a product of our youth system.

re: Zach Clough

Thought he was outstanding today, expecially second half.

He had about four attempts on goal before he scored a brilliant goal.

Said to my mate Heskey will probably be taken off, for fresh legs, But no way can he take Clough off he was my MOM and deserved his Standing Ovation, late on.

If I was being critical the only thing that he lacked was a bit of composure but I won't criticise him as he was a breath of fresh air. Young, confident and willing to both carry the ball and take players on. He'll gain the composure with game time. Glad he was taken off near the end so that he could get his standing ovation

He was an absolute breath of fresh air.
    I'd be impressed by a debut like that from a multimillion pound signing, let alone a product of the youth academy that continually disappoints.
    I don't think anybody was expecting it, baring in mind Connor Wilkinson who's the same age has had more opportunities.

It was an excellent match by the way. It was nearly a 0-0 but could easily have been a 4-3.

He's done what any young player needs to do when thrown into the first team and taken the game by the balls and said "let me show you what I can do"

I can't praise him high enough. As you said Wilkinson has had the chances and not done it, which isn't necessarily a criticism of him, because it must be a difficult thing to do, so it makes Cloughs debut outstanding. The big test will be whether he can repeat that performance. Let's hope so!!!!

Zach Clough had an amazing debut today and imo, he stood out by a mile. I haven't seen Clough play for the development squad, but I read all of the reviews for our games and it looks like he could well be on the verge of regular first team football.

Hopefully, our youth development system is now coming to fruition and maybe players like Vela & Clough can establish themselves as first team players.

I don't really want to put any pressure on Clough, but I think he could easily end up as good as Messi and we should get at least £100 million for him shortly.

A change of topic, but we went into the WSU for a change today and we sat on row KK, this was right at the top of the WSU and right next to the Wigan fans. What a great view and superb banter with the Wigan fans, we might well swap our season ticket seats for those next season, if possible.

A brilliant game btw and a deserved result imo.

Excellent debut from the young lad. Couldn't believe how calm,assured and confident he appeared. I think we may have unearthed a diamond here. Bet we'd never have got to see him under Duggie.

Once he gets established and becomes a marked man he will have to learn how to handle that. He's got a long way to go but it does look promising.

Im sorry lads I allways seem to bring the tone down on this forum.But after what I saw from clough yesterday,every time I thing of him charging forward,theres a distinctive twitch down below.What a fcking fantastic performance,worth the cost of going just to watch this wonderkid.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsmore
    Im sorry lads I allways seem to bring the tone down on this forum.But after what I saw from clough yesterday,every time I thing of him charging forward,theres a distinctive twitch down below.What a fcking fantastic performance,worth the cost of going just to watch this wonderkid.
    Can't wait to see him against Leeds whatsmore.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)