+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3 - 1 - but to whom?

3 - 1 - but to whom?

I predict a scoreline of 3 - 1. But will it be Pompey who triumph, or will it be to the promotion driven Argyle?

re: 3 - 1 - but to whom?

Not far off.

How can you predict 4 goals when 3 are scored, that's 25% wrong. And refuse to predict who is going to win. And fail to the scorers.

Yet still deserve a

Ridiculous!

Next game I predict someone will win. Some goals will be scored. But it might be a draw. And it might be 0-0.
    Can I have a

I'll settle for 2 - 1.

The reason I went for 3 - 1 was that I remember attending FP many years ago when I think Nicky Piper had just signed for us and we won 3 - 1 against the Argyle.

On the grounds that their fans have just as long memories as our fans, I was half wondering whether they would be motivated to get revenge with a similar scoreline @ FP. In the event, it was a hard fought match which we edged to set back their promotion/playoff aspirations.

Unfortunately, it also took an almighty toll of our ambition, and we played "play-ground" football at Morecambe to lose by the same score. The defensive marking, tackling and clearing was dreadful in the extreme; that is why AA has given up, or the Board has given up on him. We should play football like this:

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
    Its loveliness increases; it will never
    Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
    A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
    Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
    Therefore, on eve

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)