+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fitness Coach?

New Fitness Coach?

If a professional athlete is "fatigued" after 45 minutes of a game, does it suggest that we need a new fitness regime?

Would also go a long way towards explaining why we fade away regularly in the 2nd half of games.

re: New Fitness Coach?

Ya need to get a tennis Coach in 4/5 hours none stop with 2 min breaks and they play twice a week when in competitions

I think this is a relevant point. We do not fade in the second half, we collapse. It has got now that in each game you know it is going to happen. If it is indeed fact afraid it is too late to do anything about it.

A friend of mine has heard rumours (I stress rumours) that Reaseheath is more like a social club for young men, Than a modern facility geared to maximise the fitness of professional footballers.

Why does our team collapse in the second half? Is it that they are indeed not fit, or is it a tactical decision. It can only be one of the two. Whichever it is it is poor management.

Not sure this is entirely a new thing for the Alex; I can remember plenty of 'coronary corner' last 20 minutes under Dario's regime too!

I thought SD had sorted this and we were lasting better in his first 18 months or so in charge - not so sure now, and also not so sure it's something he should be declaring on the OS to spur on Covvy and Bradford in the next 2 fixtures either!

I would add a third possibility for the poor 2nd halfs. Nerves. The crowd get nervous and so do the players. I think Nolan showed that in the Walsall game.

I know that the crowd get nervous even when we are only 3 up (remember them days?). History shows that we are not safe - Morecambe and Scarborough spring to mind.

New Fitness Coach?

Looking from the outside, if I was the current fitness coach, and my main focus was brought into question publicly (quite right of Steve Davis to do so) , then I think I would be of the opinion that my days were numbered !

I think his departure could be the first outgoing of the close season !

All you Guys that attend games, does it look like that the individual skill levels are not there so consequently those individuals are working their proverbials off in the first half to impose themselves on the opposition? I still worry that it has taken 44 games to arrive at this worrying conclusion. Nobody mentioned fitness 10 games ago when it looked a bit rosier than it does now.

Mind you what you Expect they report for training around 10am and go home at 2pm have seen certain players and coaches Shopping in M&S at 2:30pm?

I'm getting a new style season ticket for 2015/16: where you only watch the first half of the game. Rose-tinted spectacles supplied with every purchase.

New fitness coach is Steve Davis.

Hardly a ringing endorsement from the boss to Andy Franks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast