+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Season?

New Season?

Guys, I need some reassurance from somewhere. Can anybody help? I really feel that this may be our last season in the Championship for some time. I can't see anything in our current squad that suggests that we will not get relegated. It does to me appear that it is one of the weaker squads in the league. Although I believe NL is a good manager, he has to have something to work with. The defence looks weak and I don't see us having a striker who can score 20 goals. Please, somebody disagree and tell me why.
    Sorry for the pessimism

re: New Season?

We'll be ok but we are treading water until we get some serious cash in!

I must admit I have some serious concerns about the coming season, not only have we not been able to get the players that NL wants. We have cash flow problems and have had to sell assets to raise cash.

I have to agree with campo. We'll be fine in terms of relagation....but that's about it

And the person responsible for putting us in this mess is still in a job it beggars belief.

I agree with your assessment in its entirety JC. In fact I would go even further and say that we would appear to be sleepwalking into oblivion . Everyone seems to have just accepted the financial predicament we are in, and are just waiting for the inevitable.

I have never looked forward to a new season less than this one in 56 years of watching the Wanderers.

Meanwhile our season ticket money goes towards paying off the alleged debt to Mr Davies, which will never be paid off, and continue to grow in size. This debt is a load of *******s in my opinion, financial mismanagement at its best. No one seems to know how it has transpired. I just wish that some nosy nuisance of a journalist would delve into the background of our financial affairs over the past 15 years.

Should be full of optimism & buoyant by the prospect of the season return this weekend, but I too am I little unsure of what will unfold at 3pm this Saturday... I'm not expecting us to be scrambling in the bottom 3 this time round, but I do expect a rather nothing-ness campaign due to other teams simply being far too ahead of us.

A lot more pressure/focus will fall on the squad that we have, and as we seem to pick up (key) injuries at regular stages through the season, and the stark fact there isn't going to be a penny spent on the squad in it's current situation, then it's a case of fingers crossed.

The only chance of some kind of financial salvation will be if by some fluke we can get in or around the top 10 come January - potential investors will know only too well the riches of next seasons PL brings with it, and are more likely to buy into a club that are in touching distance of being involved in that.

If we're deep in mid-table obscurity, then penny-pinching will be in f

If we can keep Clough,Clayton and Mavies fit all season it will be a good season for us!

I'm going to concentrate on the positives because everybody is glum, so taking the team first if we get Pisano we'll have two full backs with pace, Ream & Pisano and a CB with pace who by all accounts can play a bit Osede backed up by a bruiser in Wheater or Dervite. So a back line with pace that just need to be well drilled. I think Clough, Clayton and Davies are as good if not better than a lot of championship players. If Spearing can find his form prior to being Captain and Pratley starts where he left off the midfield looks decent to me. We just need to steer clear of injuries because there is no strength in depth and the midfield runners simply have to get goals because Madine can't do it alone. I think our midfield players are all capable of getting the goals though.

As for Lennon, I still think his stock his high and if he walked away he'll get another job, he hasn't walked though and he would only walk away if he thought the situation was dire and the team had no chance. I s

well guys there is only campo who is positive here

but this was seen by me over five years ago the writing was on the wall.

now most of you have taken the the rose tinted glasses off and god !

football at the macron looks certainly different these days

gartside and davie are asset strippers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)