+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Criticism of Bowery is unjust.

Criticism of Bowery is unjust.

I wonder what Bowery's goal per minutes played ratio is? I bet it compares favourably with other strikers at the club.

Some supporters are just waiting for him to fail and single him out.

The guy behind me tonight was on his back from the beginning.........until he scored.

Give the lad a chance. He looked very dangerous tonight coming in from the flanks and has got a real turn of pace.

He is a championship player all day long.

re: Criticism of Bowery is unjust.

Jury is still out for me, it's not all about scoring goals ? Playing up front he won ONE 50/50 header against all of their centre backs (mainly no 14) and must have lost at least 12, that is simply not good enough for our target man, worse than Sammon last year ! So we either have to play it on the deck( not as easy as it sounds) or play him on the right of midfield or else he as to put more belief in his game and win more headers, it makes a massive difference to the game.
    I thought their No9 looked more of a handful, one Jordan Slew !

I like him...If he gets the right service then he will get goals.

Winning headers is not his strength so why keep skying the ball towards him?

He has a lethargic style until he turns on the after burners and this won't change...This will be his season.

Some just don't like a player no matter what

First off I like Bowery and think he does well as an impact player, but give him a start and his approach seems to change completely. Didn't win a single header all night long against their centre backs. Compare and contrast to Danny Ward when he came on. At one point, Derbyshire won the ball and headed it into space behind the back line and I was expecting Bowery to anticipate it and make the run, Nope! It was Derbyshire who shook off the attentions of their defenders and pressed the ball. Bowery scored the goal but seriously he did feck all else.

I rest my case

thanks for your critical analysis, always a pleasure to debate the finer points of the game with you.

There was a wink there if your talking to me S8, lighten up :/
    I've had my say about the game on the other thread (player match scores, Cambridge) if you want to analyse that

ah well that makes it OK then ;-)

An observation isn't necessarily a criticism. I want Bowery to be a success, the club needs him to be a success, he certainly has some attributes but he has to work on using his height and power more consistently and more effectively. His aerial challenges yesterday were little more than token gestures, he was too static and appeared to completely misjudge the flight almost every time rarely getting near the ball. He wasn't even nuisance value. This is simply not good enough for a 6' 2" striker, especially at Championship level.

Yesterday, against lower league opposition, was his chance to impress but his all round play was overshadowed by that of Jordan Slew (unexpectedly) and Danny Ward, in his short appearance, showed much more energy, drive and determination - and won headers. I sincerely hope this is Bowery's season - he may not get another one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast