+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you pay peanuts then you get......

If you pay peanuts then you get......

Monkeys!

I got insulted for telling you this pre season.

What say you now?

re: If you pay peanuts then you get......

I thought the answer was going to be constipation

I agree, we should pay top dollar and get a decent manager in.

You are over simplifying the situation kempo. Our manager has known the financial framework at the club for 3 years yet he has done nothing to make the academy more productive with the talent we have or complementing it with young talent from abroad or other clubs. We have done nothing about using foreign markets as a source of players a market we know is cheaper and used by others. The fault lies in the managers office not the board room

Couldn't disagree more Derby...Building an academy takes years and we would be in L2 waiting.

All our academy players are next to useless have you not noticed...Decent players go to decent clubs and their parents accept cars, travelling expenses and various other perks.

We offer nothing and get players that a strong wind would blow over.

I make it simple because it is simple...If our wages are the lowest then we get the worst players..that's simple and that's the truth.

I was chatting to my Dad before the game today. I said it won't be long before people start demanding TS to spend more money.

I understand why people will do this and all I will say is be very careful what you wish for.

If TS doubles his current budget for player wages we will still struggle to compete.

I hope I never see the day when Millers fans turn on him due to their percieved vue of a lack of investment. It will be a very sad day in our history if it happens.

The sad thing for me is that I can see it coming.

kempo don't agree. Saying it isn't possible for a club of our size to invest and build an academy is a ridiculous statement, I never said it had to be built overnight but it has to be part of our strategy. I do think we just stretch a bit I have said so on other posts but sensible financial management is correct. A club of our size in the champion ship should have 3 quality more expensive players that wouldnt over stretch us. However you have to have a longer term strategy and we don't have that, we waste money on quantity, if I buy lots at least a few maybe ok.,Evans is accountable for the awful state that team is in not the board

Agree it is simple all we can do is get lesser players that will battle and fight like hell

At the moment they are not doing that which is their fault

unfortunately some of the players we have havent been paid in peanuts but are still monkeys

We all know the problem Kempo. What is the answer?
    This problem has been discussed again and again.
    As a club we have over achieved for the last 2 seasons and last season struggled to get the right quality players, surviving last season by getting some Premier league loan players. This situation is simply our lot as a small club punching above its weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast