+ Visit Bolton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Administration if not bought in next 48 hours...

Administration if not bought in next 48 hours...

WANDERERS will take steps towards administration if a buyer is not found within the next 48 hours.

Staff at the Macron Stadium have been warned that the emergency measure will be taken by midweek unless one of four interested parties provide concrete evidence they have the £14million being asked to cover debts, plus provide proof they can continue to operate the club as a going concern.

The process of trading during administration will be expensive and would have to be funded by the immediate sale of assets – most notably players such as Zach Clough and Mark Davies.

Local rivals Wigan Athletic have also expressed an interest in buying the club’s training base at Euxton, which could raise around £2.5m.

The sale of offices at the Macron Stadium has raised £4m, which has been used to pay staff costs last month and also to help repay the loan from Nucleus Finance which was taken out last August.

Paying the loan, which was secured against the stadium, should make the process

re: Administration if not bought in next 48 hours...

I hope Eddie is enjoying his holiday in Barbados and having a good laugh with his family!

It was never Eddie Davies's choice to put us into administration. Because there is a Winding Up Petition in place that choice lies with the court,, and They alone decide at the winding up hearing on Monday what happens to the club.

For the court to waive the winding up order Eddie Davies has to prove that the club is a viable business with a clear and viable business plan, can pay its debts and administer its own affairs effciiently.

If they an prove that - can prove that, which is quite obviously in doubt, then the court wil grant us administration, and then it is up to the official appointed administrator to try to sort out the business affairs and prevent the club being wound up - which again is a doubtful situation.

If the court do NOT grant us administration then Bolton Wanderers Football Club fail to exist after Monday 18th January .

This is why I put forward a plan to the Supporters Trust to contact the Season Ticket Holders through Trevor Birch to email and letter

That is a very interesting post Defcon. I have no confidence whatsoever in anything at the club at this moment in time. I have supported the Wanderers for 57 years now and have never been as disgusted as I am at the moment.
    I cannot argue with any of our supporters over this matter, we all have our own opinions. What I do believe though is that if the Supporters Trust is to succeed they have to listen to what the chaps from Portsmouth have told them, and then make thoughtful and considered decisions, and we all need to be in this together. It is crucial that the right people are at the forefront of this nightmare because this could be our once and only chance of saving our club.
    As for making affordable donations, I would have to be reasonably confident that any donation would not be money down the drain, and I would have thought others would have the same misgivings.
    We should know more later today after the Court hearing.
    My ideal scenario would be the GMP fraud squad raiding

Looks like that you have a reprieve until 22ed Feb, but have to sell your car park.

I'm not a Trotters fan but a Lions fan but most of all a football fan so pleased that you have got some breathing space.

Cheers mate, you have been on here before offering your support for us, it is appreciated. Some of our local rivals are revelling in our troubles ( we wont forget ).
    Meanwhile, another 5 weeks of Russian Roulette with the present owner and prospective takeover merchants . Internal leaks to the press and other parties who can create mischief will continue. Its just a non stop farce.

Some of our local rivals are revelling in our troubles ( we wont forget ).

That's because you lot did the same when Coyle jumped ship and left Burnley with half of their infra-structure. What goes around comes around - in your case in spades. Even so you won't find many real Burnley fans gloating about your plight. There but for the grace of god some would say, or in Burnley's case there but for good financial management.

And, more importantly, we would lose 3 points.

I didn't mention anys. But thanks for your input.

o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)