+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grant Ward also extends his Tottenham contract...

Grant Ward also extends his Tottenham contract...

So maybe that's why his extension with the Millers wasn't straightforward.?

re: Grant Ward also extends his Tottenham contract...

Thinking same

I can't see where the issue is here. His employer is Spurs a top club with a top wage structure, so why wouldn't he want to stay on their payroll?

Signing a short term loan agreement with us is exactly that, a short term loan. His real bread and butter is with his Spurs contract so that would be his priority not our agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    I can't see where the issue is here. His employer is Spurs a top club with a top wage structure, so why wouldn't he want to stay on their payroll?

Signing a short term loan agreement with us is exactly that, a short term loan. His real bread and butter is with his Spurs contract so that would be his priority not our agreement.
    I don't think that is what the OP meant (or I read it different)

No doubting what you say but maybe they wanted to sort that out (amongst other club issues) before getting to our request

That's how I read it too. Don't think it was meant to imply there was an issue.

Excellent news for him, he couldn't have asked for a better manager in poch to develop his game and get him to his full potential, just look at Kane and Alli this season, he's not afraid to throw young players into the deep end and give em a chance, hopefully he might get a run of games in the premier league next season and join Kane and Alli as the next Englands talent.

No issue here. I was just trying to point out that with two contracts being negotiated, it maybe took a little longer.