+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlie mulgrew

re: Charlie mulgrew

in other news ....
    anyone see the Peterborough vrs WBA game?
    I believe we are looking at the left winger who Peterborough had (who was outstanding and is highly rated). He is on loan from West Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    Gary bowyer ran our first team as a development squad, bringing on players only then to sell them.

What good is that? Maybe Crewe alexendra should take him on as their boss.
    I can think of Gestede , but no one else !
    Who were you meaning ?[/quote]

What I mean is it seemed he had more of a priority in developing individual players than having team success.[/quote]

Reallyyyyy.....if i remember rightly GB never played players in their correct positions so actually making them look worse than they actually were.

To develop players you play them regularly in a settled side ..something GB never had.

In response,Champs.

You are quite correct,no one on this forum was as critical of Danny Graham as me(Jackson I didnt criticise cause Id never seen him play). The formation at Middlesborough was both different & effective for Rovers,with a diamond shape and Cory Evans(another player Im critical of) playing very well in a defensive role in front of the back four. I would accept that Ward & Gomes (as 2 experienced,older players)both looked effective and a definite improvement on what has gone before this season. This was only one game,but it was against the (apparently)League leaders. So at least,PL is making us hard to break down and difficult to beat(look at goals conceded column,much better).

With regard to Danny Graham Im still not convinced.......Ive watched him play for Sunderland on Sky/B.T. live several times,not only has he never scored,he never looked remotely like scoring.This is the most difficult part of a strikers game,and crucially the one that gets results. It is p

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    If we blooded just youngsters and went down would that be acceptable?
    Look at every single side that has gotten out of this division in recent times?
    You will see one common donominater........a good balance of BOTH younger players AND experience.
    Its the experience (imo) that actually gets you over the line.
    Look at Burnley, Hull, Liecester, Boro (who have just spend £9m on proven experience to almost guarentee promotion) etc etc
    That IS true, Champs, but I think what Bob is wary of is getting a pile-up of players who are on the role (at considerable expense, in terms of salaries!) because of their "experience", but who don't actually add much. I believe this is technically known as the Danny Murphy-syndrome.
    Fortunately, I don't expect Gomez to be in that category.
    We will never know if players like Lenihan should have been given an earlier opportunity. It might well be that successive managers have been correct in w

Thanks for the reply Bob. I was just interested in your view.
    I admit I was very sceptical of Jackson. I think most where. To be fair so far I'm wrong. And that's a good thing. He is a bloody nuisance.
    Graham. I know his record in the Prem in a god awful Sunderland side was well documented. Not too sure he ever got a continuous run though? Most forget he had a very good record in the Prem with Swansea. Stats can back up any argument either way. Lambert signed him because he brings in other players. And he always scored vrs Lamberts Norwich side in the Champ. Of course I can point out, we aren't in the Prem. So his record is defunct. For either side. He can score goals at this level. He has scored goals at this level. I listened to a very good interview on Tues morning on Talksport with PL. I agree with him (and also hold up the same hope) that once he does score, he will go on a run. Don't underestimate how much of an effect he has off the pitch aswell. As by all accounts is another

Hmmm the Conway thing is a lil conundrum

Created more chances than any other player in any other Championship team to being dropped.

Agree certain formations need different directions but always thought and seen Conway as someone who can produce something creative.

As Saxo put it previously ...PLs wingless wonders ..

I'm cautious by nature. On the one hand, we have some very promising signs; on the other, we have the points-yield so far.
    I think I will hold back on any judgement until about 2.30 on March 6th, when the Burnley game is finished! The six League games between now and then should be very revealing.

Lambert has recently made a point he has players who can adapt to different formations and tactics
    this to me suggests that despite playing without wingers last game that might not be the case against hull
    I must admit it is nice to have different irons in the fire a plan b if you like
    I really liked Gary bowyer but sadly he didn't have this in his locker.

So we d have a midfield of ..

Pugh,Pugh,Charlie Mulgrew,Cuthbert, Dibble Grubb

Just need Windy Miller back on the wing ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)