+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Manager

New Manager

D. Campbell his bro; and J. Young are new managerial set-up see official web.

re: New Manager

Arbroath FC Officials are delighted to confirm this morning the appointment of **** Campbell as the new Manager. **** is a vastly experienced and successful Scottish football Manager and will be in charge of the team for the visit to Berwick Rangers on Tuesday night. His Assistant at Forfar Athletic, his twin brother Ian, will be taking on a similar role at Gayfield, while John Young will complete ****’s backroom team as an Assistant Coach. The Club would like to put on record their thanks to all who applied officially or noted an interest in the post and wish them well for the future.

Oh no, not my preferred choice, better get the earplugs ready for my weeman!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DougLichtie
    Arbroath FC Officials are delighted to confirm this morning the appointment of **** Campbell as the new Manager. **** is a vastly experienced and successful Scottish football Manager and will be in charge of the team for the visit to Berwick Rangers on Tuesday night. His Assistant at Forfar Athletic, his twin brother Ian, will be taking on a similar role at Gayfield, while John Young will complete ****’s backroom team as an Assistant Coach. The Club would like to put on record their thanks to all who applied officially or noted an interest in the post and wish them well for the future.

Oh no, not my preferred choice, better get the earplugs ready for my weeman!!!!
    I hope that last bit is tongue n cheek ffs!!!!! Shouldn't be shouting negatively at anybody at Gayfield.

I am delighted with that appointment. Obviously won't be able to properly judge him until the summer and he assembles his own team, hopefully he pulls out a f

Yep that will do for me, vastly experienced, knows the lower leagues did a good job at Forfar, hope he does same with us. As long as he keeps us in division that's the first task.
    Then we can judge properly with summer signings etc next season.

FFS!! Give the man a chance.

Sorry 200592, I meant earplugs for the foul-mouthed rants that come from Campbell, not me!!!!!
    I never swear in front of my children.

Horses for courses. Vast experience and lots of success at this level. He looks like the right man for our current predicament. No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by DougLichtie
    Sorry 200592, I meant earplugs for the foul-mouthed rants that come from Campbell, not me!!!!!
    I never swear in front of my children.
    Good man Doug!!!

yet another uninspiring appointment.

Is this really the best Arbroath can get ?

Was hoping for a more ambitious appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker
    yet another uninspiring appointment.

Is this really the best Arbroath can get ?

Probably one of the best lower league managers you can get. 4 titles to his, promotions, worked with smaller clubs than ours and got them to the 1st division, ridiculously close to getting Forfar to the same place, a very well liked manager with players who will be able to attract players and somebody with plenty of contacts too.

Uninspiring. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker

Were you not one of those suggesting renowned piss artist Jimmy Calderwood? Ever spoken to somebody who's worked with him. Compared with that calibre of candidate, **** Campbell & Co is an excellent fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)