+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oldtimeram

Oldtimeram

Myself and Oldtimeram (Rammy) occasionally meet up to watch Derby or Swindon, I took the below photo of Rammy last season before the match when I took him to watch Port Vale v Swindon. Swindon won 1-0 that day and we had a curry after the match, we met up with an ex Port Vale player who sat with us and joined us for the curry, what was his Rammy?

re: Oldtimeram

His was Darren Hughes. I used to play football with his grandfather. I didn't know you had taken that pic. It was cold that day too

Yes Darren Hughes I remember now, a nice bloke Rammy and he told us some good football stories. Hope you don't mind me putting the photo up but you look great for a man of your age.

That ok, post as many pics as you like. When did you take that, was it when Swindon scored?

I will put that pic up of me and Stanley Matthews soon, when he was playing for Blackpool. Nice chap was our Stan. Had a beer with him in Blackpool years ago too.

I took a few photos that day so can't remember when I took it, I guess it was in the curry house after the match? What season did you play football with Darren's grandfather and what league did you play in?

It was in the mid 50s I think, it could have been a bit earlier thinking about it because I remember we went to the pub together for a few beers on Coronation Day? Bloody hell did it rain that day, I remember getting soaked.

Coronation day? Must have been 1953 then?

Yes I think you are right. I remember getting a chill from getting soaked and sitting in a pub all afternoon toasting the new Queen.

God save the Queen.

Did you buy a pragramme at the 1946 FA Cup final Rammy when your lot beat Charlton Athletic
    4-1? If so have you still got it? I remember you telling me and Darren about that match in the curry house, I found it fascinating listening to all those old stories.

Nope sorry, I don't ever recall getting one. I did take in 4 bottles of stout though and nearly dropped one when Jack scored I remember that as it it was yesterday.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast