+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pompey Loan Bolton Striker

Pompey Loan Bolton Striker

re: Pompey Loan Bolton Striker

Another exciting loan to join our Emerald contingent.. came on as sub for Stockley when we played Newport..Also been on loan at Chester, Torquay, Oldham, Barnsley . Stunning goal scoring return of 2 in 24 appearances... should form a potent strike duo with Smith...... sarcasm the lowest form of wit I fear. Depressed of Bedfordshire (formerly IoW)

Is this and previous loans necessary due to injuries? If not then I wonder what effect this has on the players confidence and whether it partly explains the inconsistency.

Smith's loan ends before the Northampton game and therefore the play offs (if we make them). Cook has acted to ensure we have at least 3 strikers available for those, I don't think McGurk is fit ?? Far too many loans for me, (mild Hayling depression sitting in my glorified tin shed) but we aren't the only club who does it

Why doesn't Cook do something outrageous.Get Tubbs back.

Failing that convert a defender.They surely couldn't do worse than our non effective loanees.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue
    Smith's loan ends before the Northampton game and therefore the play offs (if we make them). Cook has acted to ensure we have at least 3 strikers available for those, I don't think McGurk is fit ?? Far too many loans for me, (mild Hayling depression sitting in my glorified tin shed) but we aren't the only club who does it
    Hi LDB, do you live in a static? Would've dmed you but can't find that function on here.

Smacks of desperation......any "new" player should be welcomed but I can't see what's he going to bring to the "party".......if we are actually going to have one this season!

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyScarf
    Hi LDB, do you live in a static? Would've dmed you but can't find that function on here.[/quote] Holiday home, love it Scarf. Open 10 months a year but well worth the cost. We get the odd Scummer down there, charge them double. Lassie christened it "glorified tin shed" and I haven't forgotten,

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyScarf
    Is this and previous loans necessary due to injuries? If not then I wonder what effect this has on the players confidence and whether it partly explains the inconsistency.
    Probably not so much the players lack of confidence but lack of confidence in the player Scarfs? Could PC be hedging his bets knowing we desperately need a push over the play off line? Smiffy has generally been underwhelming (polite assessment) but hope he proves me wrong if he plays a part tomorrow. PuP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue" and I haven't forgotten, :star: [/quote]

Ha ha ha. I like them and have a few breaks every year out Dorset way. Are you there all 10 months? Would be interested to find out more.

[quote="Corkhead
    Probably not so much the players lack of confidence but lack of confidence in the player Scarfs? Could PC be hedging his bets knowing we desperately need a push over the play off line? Smiffy has generally been underwhelming (polite assessment) but hope he proves me wrong if he plays a part tomorrow. PuP!!!
    Yes could be stuck in a vicious circle re confidence. If we make the play-offs the atmosphere at the park should inspire anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)