+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Nicholson - DET

Steve Nicholson - DET

Has anyone else notice that Steve Nicholson's pieces in the Telegraph recently seem to have been overly optimistic and bordering on club propaganda? One that really sticks in my mind is his comment on how good Wassall's results have been so far without pointing out that we've actually been up against poor sides.

I appreciate it's a difficult position to be in for him and he can't really bite the hand that feeds, but it does seem that it's all part of a PR exercise from the club to try to promote Wassall as doing a really good job and dispel some of this 'we're not bothered about promotion' that has dogged them recently.

re: Steve Nicholson - DET

I totally agree. Having thought about this my take is that he believes the fans input over the last few games can make up for managerial shortcomings! He knows that DW is there at least till the end of the season and sees us fans as the key to promo. So, whilst towing the party line, he's looking to us rammies to seal the deal.COYR

It's a funny on as people will ignore such things if it suits their agenda.

When Mcclarens took over from Clough I pointed out his initial games were against weaker sides. People wanted to rubbish it. I said we struggled to break down too six sides. And in the end that was our undoing. An end of season analysis against sides showed there was little difference between Clough and mcclaren except a single point but cloughs performances on the whole against the same teams were better.

Las season I predicted a dip at Christmas as we were showing a "similar" pattern and playing mostly weaker sides. Again people wanted to ignore it. Yes the dip came and I have to admit I didn't expect it to be as long or as bad as it was.

The moral of the tail is people will only listen and take not me of what suits them. Very few of us will look at it with an open mind.

The argument back then for some is you can only beat who is in front of you. So how wassell will fair against the stronge

[quote="Rattea"]It's a funny on as people will ignore such things if it suits their agenda.

When Mcclarens took over from Clough I pointed out his initial games were against weaker sides. People wanted to rubbish it. I said we struggled to break down too six sides. And in the end that was our undoing. An end of season analysis against sides showed there was little difference between Clough and mcclaren except a single point but cloughs performances on the whole against the same teams were better.

Las season I predicted a dip at Christmas as we were showing a "similar" pattern and playing mostly weaker sides. Again people wanted to ignore it. Yes the dip came and I have to admit I didn't expect it to be as long or as bad as it was.

The moral of the tail is people will only listen and take not me of what suits them. Very few of us will look at it with an open mind.

The argument back then for some is you can only beat who is in front of you. So

No what is COMESY GOLD is that you are still smarting that both seasons you stuck your neck out to try and discredit me and my observations and both times you've been made to look a complete muppet as most regulars on this board know.

I particularly loved your quote "17 games is a good barometer of a whole season" especially when we had played 19 at the time and I said give it another five or six .........

As we all know and in a Jack Nicholson'esk way " truth ...... You can't handle the truth"

Feel the burn faildale ..... Now that's COMEDY GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea

Still turning out the same old tosh . " An end of season analysis " (by guess who ) showed nothing of the sort except your failure with stats and your love of colour charts ( so memorable, few will forget them ).
    Despite what you say MacClaren's win rate, comfortably above Clough's for nearly 2 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by simmo11
    Has anyone else notice that Steve Nicholson's pieces in the Telegraph recently seem to have been overly optimistic and bordering on club propaganda? One that really sticks in my mind is his comment on how good Wassall's results have been so far without pointing out that we've actually been up against poor sides.

I appreciate it's a difficult position to be in for him and he can't really bite the hand that feeds, but it does seem that it's all part of a PR exercise from the club to try to promote Wassall as doing a really good job and dispel some of this 'we're not bothered about promotion' that has dogged them recently.
    Don't really get this 'we've only been up against poor sides' since Wassall took over.
    I don't fancy him as a long term appointment and so I have no 'agenda' but facts are facts and in Clem's last seven games we took just three points from 21 and of those seven teams only Boro' and Burnley could be considered 'goo

Yet again a reasonable post trying to open a constructive conversation has been hijacked by the repetition of old and stale arguments. No wonder the numbers participating here are dwindling.

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite56

Still turning out the same old tosh . " An end of season analysis " (by guess who ) showed nothing of the sort except your failure with stats and your love of colour charts ( so memorable, few will forget them ).
    Despite what you say MacClaren's win rate,

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchTrimmed
    Yet again a reasonable post trying to open a constructive conversation has been hijacked by the repetition of old and stale arguments. No wonder the numbers participating here are dwindling.

Hardly old chap, there was **** all on here before the Rodent posted his usual tosh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)