+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V Blackburn

V Blackburn

Dedicating this game in support for Tata steel workers (some Rotherham workers have been invited to this game )

Around 300 tickets left.

Dave Artell in the lounge

Ref Stephen Martin, last time out for us we beat Ipswich away 1-0, 1 yellow card each with Halford picking ours up.

Showing support for LPF (link below)

- view external link

re: V Blackburn

Don't agree with dedicating this game in support of Tata steel workers. What about other workers who in private industry get f*ck all when they get finished & in pensions.

Link below for Tata steel story

SAVE OUR STEEL - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by gwru
    Don't agree with dedicating this game in support of Tata steel workers. What about other workers who in private industry get f*ck all when they get finished & in pensions.
    TATA steel is a private industry......

There's a cap on redundancy payments in the private sector. But some companies do honour previous agreements, I worked at a company that did that but unluckily for me they brought the redundancy cap in before I got finished. I'm pretty certain Tata steel will have alot higher pension scheme in value than most private company pension schemes.

There's a cap on redundancy payments in the private sector. But some companies do honour previous agreements, I worked at a company that did that but unluckily for me they brought the redundancy cap in before I got finished. I'm pretty certain Tata steel will have alot higher pension scheme in value than most private company pension schemes.
    Maybe, but you generally get out what you put in.....but of course that will have been negotiated along the way won't it? You have to ask yourself why your's wasn't.

TATA look like making a profit this year.

If you sell the family silver you can't complain when the new owner starts using it and you're eating with plastic forks.

The seeds of decades of neglect in the manufacturing industries by governments of both colours are now being harvested.

You get what you put in but Tata Steel will top up there pension scheme backed by the government with alot more than most private pension schemes. We all pay same taxes but we don't get same returns.

Tata steel workers will not give a 2nd thought to real private sector workers without any government backing.

You get what you put in but Tata Steel will top up there pension scheme backed by the government with alot more than most private pension schemes. We all pay same taxes but we don't get same returns.

Tata steel workers will not give a 2nd thought to real private sector workers without any government backing.
    Hold on a minute, even if they were topped up, that would've been negotiated between all parties, just because you havent worked anywhere that has that same ability doesn't mean you should be bitter about it, go find a job at TATA if you're that upset about it.

I'm not bitter about anything, health is more important than money. I think about other people not just myself.

How am I going to get a job at TATA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast