+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Play offs

Who would we like to be winners ?

Championship
    Hull v Sheffield Wednesday.
    As much as Steve Bruce has said nice things about us in the past and he's a good coach, would personally like the Owls to have a chance at the PL. Their fans have suffered a lot but maybe not enough. So yes let's see them for a change.

League 1.
    Millwall v Barnsley
    No preference really although it would be good to see Lloyd Isgrove get more reward and add to his JPT Wembley experience. If he's not going to get the chance at Saints, I think he'll be gone, shame really.

League 2.
    Plymouth v Wimbedon.
    Would like to see Argyle win on the day but can see them blowing it against the fairy tale, phoenix club that is Wimbledon.

re: Play offs

Wednesday & Barnsley, for definite.

Not really sure who I'd prefer from Plymouth or Wimbledon - the Janners get a big tick because of the hilarious last minute wonder-goal against the hoofers, but there can't be many who'd begrudge Wimbledon promotion after the trials & tribulations they've been through in the past.

Tough call, but the Green Army probably just about sneaks it..

Sheffield Wednesday
    I rate Bruce but would prefer Sheff W to come up. They remind me of Terry Curran who played for us for a while (78-79?) before joining them,fast little winger I think, had the perm thing going.

Millwall
    I like Neil Harris their coach, proper Millwall lad.

Plymouth
    Any other team and I would say Wimbledon. I can also see Argyle losing, easy semi's, difficult final.

Wednesday
    Millwall
    Plymouth

As an aside, I'm in Plymouth at the mo and last night congratulated the Plymouth supporting table next to us in the restaurant for disposing Pompey out of the play offs in such glorious fashion. Suffice it to say, they weren't too keen on the charity thieves either.

Wednesday - would be good to see them back in the big time. Not that I have anything against Hull ihta.

Millwall - always had a bit of a soft spot for them after working in Deptford/Surrey Quays area.

Plymouth - Used to live in Wimbledon but look out for MK Dons now rather than AFC Wimbledon. Nothing against Plymouth even though they kicked us in the knackers.

As an aside, I hope it p!sses it down in Plymouth for the next 48 hours.

Lived in Plymouth for 4 years, hope they go up. It will definitely p!ss down too, it always does.

What are you doing there Pents?

Wednesday. It's a long time since I've been there. In fact it's a while since I last saw Saints in Yorkshire. Maybe Barnsley was the last time?

Millwall. I wanted Walsall because they are traditionally a pre season game for Villa so for them to be in the same league would be funny. Doubt Millwall would be the police choice though looking at that league !!!

Plymouth or Wimbledon? I really wish both could go up. Plymouth should be in the championship really and what happened to Wimbledon means I'll always want AFC Wimbledon to stick one over the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    Lived in Plymouth for 4 years, hope they go up. It will definitely p!ss down too, it always does.

What are you doing there Pents?
    Myself and the other half decided to have a couple of nights away at the last minute so headed for the West Country. We had a night in Plymouth on the Hoe and went for drinks/meal in the Barbican area and then went down to Padstow. Shame the weather wasn't nicer but a good couple of days away anyway.

Could've done with the weather of Negombo and the Doom Bar of Rock - perfect weekend ????

Whilst in Rock, I got stuck into the Atlantic and the other half commented on how nice their Pilsner was. Padstow was mainly Tribute, Trelawney and other St Austell ales. Weather was overcast but not cold. I'm assuming the only thing hotter than the weather where you are is the curry?

Also, what's up with your exclamation mark/question mark button ffs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast