+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy spurr

Tommy spurr

Has been realised
    so no first team left back on our books
    best of luck to whoever takes the job as its a case of last one out switch the light off.

re: Tommy spurr

Robin...

I think youre jumping the gun a lil here ..

Spurr released ..Was he a regular ?

This is going to happen end of season whatever club you support.

The thing is we re out of the embargo so who ever takes over can replace ...either free/fee.

Nothing wrong with a clearout end of season ..

I'm a little concerned at releasing all our out of contract first teamers, along with only 1 year deals to those being kept on from the stiffs..

Very Blackpool.

Yet again its actions by whoever, on behalf of the next whoever, at the behest of yet another whoever. It's comedy gold.
    So is the plan a, b, or c ???
    If we had a board of intent and accountability, and with it an installed manager of the same it would not ( to me at least) appear so 'cobbled'.

They seem to have included a get-out clause of sorts. It says some players have been told the new manager will make the final decision.
    I would have thought we aren't going to attract anyone much better than Spurr and Kilgallon.
    There has been a mass cull of the junior-level strikers, I see.

The main concern is the statement that we must look to promote from the youth but yet we have let a few promising youngsters go
    Who decided they were not up to it?did they ask Dunn and Johnson?or just thought they havnt played so not needed?

That's precisely my concern, whoever is determining this, may well be not involved in the next month or so.
    This is despite any of ours opinions regarding the rights or wrongs of these choices.
    As said, if survival is the of the game, is Tommy Spurr as good as we are likely to replace him with ???

I'm with H.
    Its simple costcutting, which we all knew would be happening. This is in every single area of the club. From the tea lady at Brockhall to the manager, and everyone in between.

Lets not go ott here, he barley played. Why keep someone on relative decent wages who barley plays? He isn't the future, and will keep out a young LB who can be easily promoted up. Henley can easily play that position.
    If this is the reaction for every bit part player we release, we are in for a long summer. This isn't a new thing, its been coming.
    PL got told a month before his announcement. Cost cutting in ALL area's is now our only option. And spending anymore money will result in us going back into administration. If we do anything else right now other than major cost cut, it would be really stupid!!

Robin, I can tell you 100% the promising youngsters we have where already signed up, the ones let go are not making it for a reason. Behind the scenes, nothing has changed re retaining o

Jordan Preston, who scored all them goals for Ayr utd, is one of the released players champs..

Serious sax???!!!! no way ......thats annoying! I was chatting to someone at Rovers only last week about this lad. It sounded like he was highly thought of. I know its only Ayr, but he did very well up there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)