+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben Davies

Ben Davies

Surprised to see he has signed a 1 year contract with Grimsby !...Would have thought we could have matched their terms, I don't see them as a "big " club

Grimsby say it is a 1 year contract although the Beeb are reporting it as a 2 year deal. I will take Grimsby as Gospel and wish him well while hoping this doesn't come back to haunt us. I see that Cambridge Nutter Jimmy Spencer (the one who their manager subbed at half time before he was sent off) has signed for Plymouth. He will be in good company down there for sure.

Talking of nutters Carl Dickinson has signed a 2 year contract with Notts County having turned down an offer from Port Vale who he played 127 games for. He joins ex Pompey player Richard Duffy (1 league and 1 league cup appearance only) who having signed a 2 year contract for Eastleigh left amicably without kicking a ball for league football on a 1 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue View Post
    Grimsby say it is a 1 year contract although the Beeb are reporting it as a 2 year deal. I will take Grimsby as Gospel and wish him well while hoping this doesn't come back to haunt us. I see that Cambridge Nutter Jimmy Spencer (the one who their manager subbed at half time before he was sent off) has signed for Plymouth. He will be in good company down there for sure.
    Fair play to Ben he scored on his debut for Grimsby today.

I know it's only been one game but Talbots got some big boots to fill in place of Davies.....can,t but help feel that Ben would have had a field day yesterday at Fratton, bombing down the wing and swinging the ball in......wish him well but as mentioned I hope he doesn't come back to haunt us!

Agreed. Not a great debut by Talbot, more a steady start but as you say he has big boots to fill. Bit worried about what will happen when a winger puts him under pressure.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)