+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smallwood?

Smallwood?

When does his contract run out ?

I still don't believe he should have gone out on loan, should be in team

End of this season

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    When does his contract run out ?

I still don't believe he should have gone out on loan, should be in team
    Disagree. Was behind Adeyemi & Halford in the pecking order.

A copse.

I think Ritchie hasn't started this season too well but he is still probably our best defensive midfielder. How someone can put Adeyemi ahead of him when he's only played 45 minutes for us is baffling.
    Smallwood always looks better when Frecks is alongside him but then that's true of everyone else in our midfield.
    Hope Frecks makes it for Saturday.

We can't rely on Frecks being fit. If he his fit he's straight in the side.

But Newell is back fit, he can play that role. Way to manage is if you come in play well you keep the shirt.

Hope AS gets us harder to beat. This month is our chance of picking points up.

Ritchies departure has everything to do with AS's "vision" of what he wants from his team. I have to say that those who sit around me - I mean the whole area - reacted numerous times when Ritchie received the ball this year - when an instant pass "was on" he didn't make it - perhaps he didn't see it - but instead he turned once - twice - looking around for the safe option - and was caught in possession a few times.....he needed to sharpen up or is that his style - certainly NOT what AS wants ! ( I suspect ) Love the guy to bits for his part in our growth but the team needs to evolve to higher level - and slick - one touch football is essential.

So unless we extend his contract Smallwood will leave on a free ? That does not sound like good business to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Ritchies departure has everything to do with AS's "vision" of what he wants from his team. I have to say that those who sit around me - I mean the whole area - reacted numerous times when Ritchie received the ball this year - when an instant pass "was on" he didn't make it - perhaps he didn't see it - but instead he turned once - twice - looking around for the safe option - and was caught in possession a few times.....he needed to sharpen up or is that his style - certainly NOT what AS wants ! ( I suspect ) Love the guy to bits for his part in our growth but the team needs to evolve to higher level - and slick - one touch football is essential.
    That's what I meant when I said he hadn't started this season too well. He used to look for a colleague as soon as he won the ball but, just lately he's developed a disturbing tendency to dwell on the ball and pass either sideways or back.
    I hope he does well at Scunny and gets back to his best form. If he does he'll be worth a new contract particularly as several of our new midfielders are only on loan.

Could be a confidence thing - or perhaps his zenith has been reached ? As always I think it's a bit of both. He'll be great at Scunny and perhaps he'll get back on the horse and earn another contract - good luck to him! I concur...lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast