+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Falkirk v Queens

Falkirk v Queens

Our last 9 league games have been

D D L L L L L L L and there's a good chance we'll add another L to it this weekend . Is there any chance we can stop the rot this Saturday ???

Your thoughts please

I have Royal Blue in my veins but realistically cannot see past a Bairn's victory although wee Danny if selected may inspire us to a shock win in what will be his 200th appearance for Queens

Can't see anything more than yet another defeat at a place where we've a poor record . This run we're on is mystifying

Sorry but we have no chance here. I am targeting the Dunfermline game as the next we can get something out of. Even if we are doing well , Falkirk will keep us under the cosh and we will crack in the last 20 mins. The training regime has been put under the spotlight time and time again here. I am of the opinion that the team in general and certainly some individuals are NOT FIT enough. How this happens in a FT side that trains four times a week then god only knows. Jaime Hamill is a player of good ability that's played at a higher level BUT his fitness is from a player from the Dog and Duck pub team. I witnessed a FT Dundee United and St Mirren side outwork a FT Qos side . As I have said before , I can accept if bigger teams have better players than us ( that's life) but NOT better conditioning or will to win.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 09-12-2016 at 02:28 PM.

One of the main critics of the training is Jardi. Believe me , if the Qos players had the same attitude to body conditioning that he has, then we would be among the fittest in the league. The man practises what he preaches , often seeing him in two different gyms in a day in between his work. This because he has a personal pride in his fitness and not because he is getting paid for it . Personal pride at being fit being the main theme here . Practise real hard and play easy is the mantra here. The amount of late goals that we are losing is scandalous and this points to a real lack of fitness , something that Gavin Skelton must be culpable for. I am hoping that Gary Naysmith has been alerted to the problem and is working on it straight away.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 09-12-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Been to the Falkirk stadium plenty of times and have only seen Queens win once and today is not the day to see it happen again.
    Even if we can somehow get a draw today would be a really great result but even that I can`t see it happening.

Not our happiest hunting ground and it'll be even harder as we're struggling for a team due to injuries . Pickard and Dykes added to the injury list but hopefully Jacobs returns

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Been to the Falkirk stadium plenty of times and have only seen Queens win once and today is not the day to see it happen again.
    Even if we can somehow get a draw today would be a really great result but even that I can`t see it happening.
    Ach you never know miracles do happen as currently it is a bit of a David versus Goliath situation with nothing much really to lose. You hope that the Falkirk players are complacent and Dobbie can nick one for us then the defence is resilient and holds out against their attack. Then again pig might fly.

Surprised in some ways at the lack of confidence but in other ways its understandable.

Queens this weekend will have the 'new manager' effect and last week if St Mirren's Jack Baird hadnt had a complete meltdown to get sent off when St Mirren were leading 1-0 at Westfield last week, Falkirk were looking uncompetitive and unlikely to get back into it. I wouldnt go betting my mortgage on the outcome of this one tbh

Well done to the team . They showed real grit there to stop the rot. Bring on the Pars now !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)