+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How many people post on this site

How many people post on this site

Is it me or have we lost a lot of fans who used to post on here. There are a lot who view but so few who post . With all that is going on at the club I would have thought there would have been lots of posts or have we been brow beaten into submission by those in control of the club

Not enough. At time of writing, 33 views and no replies. Pathetic.

I went through the second half of last season regularly reading posts but only occasionally posting - I just lost heart for a while. At the end of last season, I decided I would be more active and post much more regularly at the risk of not always adding much value. The same themes and concerns are in a seemingly endless loop at the Club, and I can understand individuals becoming tired of saying the same thing over and over again as the Board continues to be the embodiment of inertia.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    I went through the second half of last season regularly reading posts but only occasionally posting - I just lost heart for a while. At the end of last season, I decided I would be more active and post much more regularly at the risk of not always adding much value. The same themes and concerns are in a seemingly endless loop at the Club, and I can understand individuals becoming tired of saying the same thing over and over again as the Board continues to be the embodiment of inertia.
    I understand, and am guilty of the same occasionally. But if nobody posts, the 'readers' won't have anything to read. As I posted in the summer, use it or lose it.
    I look into 'One Vale Fan' now and again. Now that's a living forum.

Both this site and ***** were far more lively a few years back but for some reason very few post on Crewe web forums these days.
    Not sure why.
    Facebook seems to be the preferred outlet for some.

One of the main threads that has disappeared is the Matchday thread. I used to contribute to that but in the end I seemed to be talking to myself. I am an exile albeit becoming a more disinterested one and was always liked to see how games were progressing, but people seemed more concerned with Twitter etc.

well I agree with all the above comments and if you want to discuss a point that occurred during the match how about this .

Towards the end of the game a Calrisle defender went down with what appeared to be cramp . His goal keeper had the ball in his hands and the ref instructed him to throw it out of play before allowing the training staff on to treat the defender. When the game was about to start with G Cooper ready to throw the ball into play the ref instructed him to throw it back to the goal keeper. Cooper thought he could throw it to a team mate as Crewe were having the better of the match at this stage .This resulted in heated arguments but eventually our manager instructed him to throw the ball back to the keeper.

The question is , was Cooper right in wanting to throw the ball to one of his own players or should the spirit of the game prevail and he should have given possession back to Carlisle .

There appears to be no law on this so was the ref right in his instructions.

I didn't understand why the referee did not simply blow his whistle and stop play - presumably there is an FA instruction. As the Carlisle goalkeeper had thrown the ball out of play as instructed by the referee, I had no problem with Cooper returning the ball. I think there are occasions where teams abuse the spirit of the game, but this did not seem one of them.

If the ref hadn't instructed the keeper to throw it out, the defender would have soon got himself back on his feet. Another blatant form of cheating that the dimwitted fa allow to blight the fans game.