+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No time for over reaction but...

No time for over reaction but...

...after such a good run we were very poor against Wigan on Saturday and hammered horribly at Carrow Road this afternoon. Are the rumours about Martin's return anything to do with it or is that just coincidence? I genuinely don't know, but the team spirit which McClaren seemed to have engendered seems to have been in very short supply in the last two matches and, according to Radio Derby, there seemed to be some very 'tired' and unhappy players out there this afternoon.

My thougts exactly... why even contemplate bringing that waste of space back when we're in such good form?

Thank you to whoever decided what a bright idea it was to bring the fat one back.

And you thought I was mad for thinking he was the "trouble maker"....

I mean its not like he's a loyalist is it.. he downed tools under poor Nige, downed tools under Clement, and completely threw his f****** toys out the pram to come back here from Fulham, despite them paying a chunk of cash for his load fee, and paying for his fat pie eating wages.

unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I mean its not like he's a loyalist is it.. he downed tools under poor Nige, downed tools under Clement, and completely threw his f****** toys out the pram to come back here from Fulham, despite them paying a chunk of cash for his load fee, and paying for his fat pie eating wages.

unbelievable.

Unbelievable !!

So its Martin's fault we lost 3 nil

You've been quite for a few weeks while the good run was on, fantastic management with the squad we have,can you just relax let us get a bit more quality in ,hopefully it will happen soon

We thought you were mad for saying he was a trouble maker and now you've been proved right all along as we lost today. Okay mate.

Maybe... or maybe he might have made the difference today. Can't really judge by radio commentary, but how many chances did we create today, did any of our midfield get a shot in, did Vydra / Bent cause any real threat, did Russell pass to anyone in a Derby shirt, did Butterfield do anything other than get sent off? If anything, surely the threat of another player getting in the 1st team would make the rest stand up?

Perhaps Martin and Hughes might have made it a very different fixture?

I don't know the answer, but playing badly because a player currently out on loan wants to come back suggests mental fragility (again).

Fortunately, The tree huggers have eased the pain a bit!!
    From our point of view the lack of goals is bound to bite us eventually, 24 in 25 puts too much pressure on the defence to be perfect with no margin for an off day!! With the lack of a plan (b) the goals 'for' will remain a problem and has to be addressed!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Maybe... or maybe he might have made the difference today. Can't really judge by radio commentary, but how many chances did we create today, did any of our midfield get a shot in, did Vydra / Bent cause any real threat, did Russell pass to anyone in a Derby shirt, did Butterfield do anything other than get sent off? If anything, surely the threat of another player getting in the 1st team would make the rest stand up?

Perhaps Martin and Hughes might have made it a very different fixture?

I don't know the answer, but playing badly because a player currently out on loan wants to come back suggests mental fragility (again).
    Tbf, I'm only asking the question...what effect does Martin's possible return have on morale? I did say 'I genuinely don't know', but it is indisputable that after a great run we've suddenly come unstuck against two out of form sides. Ince seemed to be doing a lot of finger pointing and gesticulating today. Since McClaren's return he has arguably been our best player but his attitude, and that of others, seemed different today - according to Radio Derby.

To be honest, its been coming for some time now. I've said in other threads that we've been getting our fair share of luck, which I was hoping would continue until our team started to fire on all cylinders, unfortunately we ran out of luck.

I thought Butterfield's sending off was a bit harsh.

Ince is capable of moments of good play, and goals when on form, but for me morale has never seemed as good as it was since he first appeared. He's not good enough to build round or be aloud a free role. No footballing brain and doesn't fit for me. I'd lose him in favour of Martin any day.

On a positive note I'd not take to much notice today of this game. Horrible journey after busy period and a knackered under rotated eleven. Not a barometer of where we're at, I don't think. Need Bryson to have an extended run with Hughes, decide which style of striker we need, Martin, Martinesque, one we have, or get a new one in, then shift out the 2 of the other 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)