+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

Alex Neil confirmed at PNE

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Looks like Alex Neil is getting the PNE gig so he'll want to see how May 2017 compares to the 2013 model, when they were team mates at Hamilton and the striker was scoring goals for fun.

You could criticise AFC for not paying the asking price last week, in which case the player would already be an AFC employee, but we're right to hold out for the best price we can, especially given the players injury history, even if in this case, our dallying has cost us.

I'm not fussed, there will be other players on McInnes's radar, other than May and Maloney
    What is slightly concerning is how good are these other players on his radar, considering our top targets are a 34 year old who has been injury prone the last few years and a striker who has had injury problems the last few years too.

The deafening silence from our club on any signing activity and Maloney failed medical story is more than a little bit worrying, when is the deadline to have any new signings registered in time for our opening euro game? As it stands right now it is not very encouraging to put it mildly.

COYR........ for fox ache

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    The deafening silence from our club on any signing activity and Maloney failed medical story is more than a little bit worrying, when is the deadline to have any new signings registered in time for our opening euro game? As it stands right now it is not very encouraging to put it mildly.

COYR........ for fox ache
    Friday is the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Looks like Alex Neil is getting the PNE gig so he'll want to see how May 2017 compares to the 2013 model, when they were team mates at Hamilton and the striker was scoring goals for fun.

You could criticise AFC for not paying the asking price last week, in which case the player would already be an AFC employee, but we're right to hold out for the best price we can, especially given the players injury history, even if in this case, our dallying has cost us.

I'm not fussed, there will be other players on McInnes's radar, other than May and Maloney
    When I heard about our interest in both Maloney & May, my first thought was good players/good signings.... then very quickly thought about their injury record and had doubts about them.
    However, it was good to see us being after players we'd actually heard of and players we know who are good enough.
    My worry is now that both these players are unlikely, who are the players we have in mind instead?
    Alex Neill being appointed is killing the May deal as he played with and possibly managed May when he was on loan at Hamilton, so will know at first hand what he can do - and May might also have a thought that he can maybe give it a go at Preston now that a familiar face is in charge.

If we were prepared allegedly to spend £500k on Boyce, how about Louis Moult?

At it stands the squad is paper thin.
    Maloney & May are unlikely and Greg Stewart is a few weeks away from full fitness

We have a difficult Euro QR2 game next week and need 3 players in IMO

- Centre half; Can you trust O'Connor & Reynolds in two European ties?
    - left winger
    - another striker, as we need a good 2nd striking option to/for Rooney (Stockley ain't it)

The trouble is, if you're signing players from England, they won't be up to pace for the European games coming up.
    The Championship shut down at end of April, first week of May (2 months ago).

club need to pull their fingure out & sign a centre ha;f this week.

MALONEY deal is not dead, Player being checked over & might still sign.

May/Moult either would do

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

We have a difficult Euro QR2 game next week and need 3 players in IMO
    Two things: -

1) Whilst all ties can pose their problem, having watched the 1st leg game last week, I'd expect Aberdeen to cope with either team.

2) Is it not too late for new players as the registration is complete for these rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Two things: -

1) Whilst all ties can pose their problem, having watched the 1st leg game last week, I'd expect Aberdeen to cope with either team.

2) Is it not too late for new players as the registration is complete for these rounds?
    Im sure i read Friday is the deadline for QR2

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im sure i read Friday is the deadline for QR2
    They keep mentioning this, but there is a rule where you can sign 1 player 24hrs hrs prior to 1st leg so we can get someone early next week

Quote Originally Posted by peter_ssb View Post
    They keep mentioning this, but there is a rule where you can sign 1 player 24hrs hrs prior to 1st leg so we can get someone early next week
    Didn't Wes Burns arrive just before the Ventspils game?

What happened to the lad Morris we got from Dumpdee Utd is he still no fit??

Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast