+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Perez anyone.

Lucas Perez anyone.

Reported in some newspapers that Newcastle want to sign the Arsenal striker even though the Spaniard was set to rejoin his former club Deportevo La Coruna.I can't remember seeing him play as he has not been a regular for the gooners.

We're going to be in danger of becoming a Spanish team if we're not careful.

Trinitoons post was not up when I started mine.

Has to be said i can't remember seeing what he looks like when he played.

Trin said he was 1 in 3/1 in 4 striker. . .

This feels more like his agent trying to flush out Deportiva and get them to commit.

Kieran Gibbs is mentioned on Football Whispers as well,it would be great to get both.
    Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Gibbs would be great as Dummett would struggle in the premier league, as for perez he would be a good buy when he got a game at arsenal he did well but of course it will depend on the asking price.

Gibbs I'm all for. Perez I don't know enough about, seems like a decent option up front. Sure, I'll take 'em.

Why will Dummett struggle in the premier league?
    Dummett doesn't get the credit he deserves.
    Yeah he's not 50 million plus left back but he's effective enough for the time being, seeing as we aren't actually intent on trying to get in the champions league at the first attempt.

And yeah, we can do better. And yeah, we maybe should be a bit more ambitious, but one thing people should not forget and that is, Dummett hasn't done a great deal wrong as it stands, in serious action... and also, he's a full on colours to the mast type player for this club.
    Colours to the mast doesn't qualify a player to become a top player but it does set a precedent for all others to follow in terms of showing allegiance to the club whilst employed by it.

We could do with better quality in every single position if we want to argue semantics.
    If it's not Dummett, it'll be someone else soon enough on the end of a good old ribbing.

I curse Dummett for not modelling himself on Roberto Carlos or the likes.

No, I agree with you Ghost. There's always a scapegoat to be found in any side on behalf of the fans. Dummett's been it for a while now.

Fact is he had a fine season in the fizzy and will be a decent option because he has PL experience playing for us and some - quite basic - skills which will come in handy I'm sure. Rafa seems to rate him, and so will I so long as he does his job.

Dummets defensive stats for tackling and interceptions are actually better than Gibbs,going forward and assists he is behind Gibbs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)