+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for Cov?

Team for Cov?

Tempted by two up top but as it's away at one of the favourites, and I want to try and get Allesandra, Hawkridge, and Grant in, I'm going to suggest the following:

Collin/Fitzsimons

Tootle, Duffy, Brisley, Jones
    ---- Hewitt, Milsom --------
    Allesandra, Grant, Hawkridge
    -------- Ameobi ------------

Subs:

Stead, Walker, and some others

Amoebi holding it up/playing through/flicking on for the three behind to run on to. Hewitt and Milsom anchoring the midfield with the other three dropping deep when we need to defend. Tootle and Jones on the overlap when on the attack, providing ammo for Shola. Easy!

I'd swap Hewitt with Walker

I like the 2 goalies idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
    Tempted by two up top but as it's away at one of the favourites, and I want to try and get Allesandra, Hawkridge, and Grant in, I'm going to suggest the following:

Collin/Fitzsimons

Subs:

Amoebi holding it up/playing through/flicking on for the three behind to run on to. Hewitt and Milsom anchoring the midfield with the other three dropping deep when we need to defend. Tootle and Jones on the overlap when on the attack, providing ammo for Shola. Easy!
    Why play a right back in midfield when we have Walker on the bench? I still think we need a proper striker though!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Why play a right back in midfield when we have Walker on the bench? I still think we need a proper striker though!
    Hewitt has played CM for ages now, and probably offers more defensively than Walker, who is more of an attacking midfielder.

After reading Wooderson’s game plan and Gumpy’s two goalie idea, I feel much more confident for the season ahead.

I might even put half a crown on Notts getting automatic promotion.

Collin/Fitzsimons

Subs:

I'm not always a fan of 4-2-3-1, but away from I like that line-up and I'd put Collin in goal.

However, Kevin Nolan so far has been a consistent 4-4-2 man, so maybe this line-up is as likely:-

-----------------Collin------------------

Tootle-----Duffy-----Brisley-----Jones

Alessandra- Milsom-Hewitt-----Grant

-----------Ameobi----Stead-----------

When Hewitt first started playing in midfield I thought it was a stop-gap solution, but Nolan seems to like him there and certainly he's looked more comfortable than at right-back.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Why play a right back in midfield when we have Walker on the bench?
    I'm amazed anyone can still class Hewitt as a right back!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Cue the old "Yes, he can be right-back ... right back in the dressing room" joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm surprised anyone can class him as midfielder 😛

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast