+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't panic Mr Mainwaring...

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring...

Gray gone.

Lack of investment.

Relegation a formality.

Don't panic SD will sort it!

Attachment 5879

Don't panic?????- what else is there to do?!?!?!?!!?- okay, so different show but just as good........

Unbelievable.Now we need 2 pacy wingers and a PL standard striker and the season starts in 3 days.Goodbye Premier League come next May.

I've put these stats up before, but maybe I should put them up again.

We played 43 games last season,

Gray started in 28 of them, we won 6 of them (21%) and lost 15 (54%).
    Gray didn't start in 15, we won 7 of them (47%) and lost 6 (40%).

No need to search for the panic button, we managed perfectly well without him last season.

I think he was frustrated at the way he was being deployed. He is very quick but we just lumped long balls up to him - which is certainly not his strength.

I can see him being very successful at Watford.

If he therefore goes; who in to replace him. Have we a signing lined up knowing he would leave or what??? We seem to have hell of a lot of money!!!!!!!!!! Spent what 20 million received over 40 million.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 09-08-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I think he was frustrated at the way he was being deployed. He is very quick but we just lumped long balls up to him - which is certainly not his strength.

I can see him being very successful at Watford.
    I didn't really notice any difference in the way we played last year to our promotion season, imo he simply didn't make the step up required to the higher level. I think he might find it just as difficult to score at Watford, but we'll see, I have no worries or complaints about us selling a striker who couldn't even get into double figures last season.

Good luck to the lad, if he starts banging them in for Watford I'll be the first to hold my hand up. Wouldn't be the first time I'd been wrong either, would it.

No!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    If he therefore goes; who in to replace him. Have we a signing lined up knowing he would leave or what??? We seem to have hell of a lot of money!!!!!!!!!! Spent what 20 million received over 40 million.
    Just got back from a visit to the Burnley Boardroom. By heck it's impressive...

Attachment 5881

Yeah BT; they will be sitting on chairs made of gold in that boardroom before long.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)