+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammill

Hammill

According to Yorkshire post Sheffield utd to make a cheeky bid for barnsley winger Adam hammill...........

It may not be as cheeky as we think considering his position at the club these days .

I know it's a Sheffield club but he'd go with my blessing way Hecky has messed him about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I know it's a Sheffield club but he'd go with my blessing way Hecky has messed him about.

It would be the last straw for me
    Tell me one player of our current crop who has one ounce of his talent
    He belongs here

None Exile but it's Hecky that can't see it mate. All I'm saying is I wouldn't blame Hammill if he left.

It's ok having talent but you've got to have the right attitude....

What's wrong with a bit of arrogance and confidence in your ability? I'd be pissed if I was benched or taken off at a time in the season when the team was playing sh1te and we were at the time we played Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    It would be the last straw for me
    Tell me one player of our current crop who has one ounce of his talent
    He belongs here
    It's a tricky one is this .

There's nobody at the club with his match winning credentials as you say , it's fair to say we wouldn't be a championship club today if he hadn't returned to the club .

He almost single handedly grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and got everyone bang at it , he was the catalyst .

The trouble is that doesn't count for too much today , your only as good as your last game as they say .

Whatever it is with Hecky it definitely goes deeper than a touch line spat against Newcastle last season , maybe that's not even anything to do with it .

They may not just like one another and it's as simple as that , we've all had this in our own working life , no particular reason other than human nature .

Hecky's tried to manage it knowing full well how popular Hammill is and his potential to the team on his day but as those days became infrequent last season the relationship becomes ever more difficult , who knows .

I know from what I've read Fergie couldn't stand Roy Keane and the feeling was mutual but Fergie knew he had to manage it because Keane performed and he knew dam well he couldn't replace him effectively .

Hammill didn't have the best of season's , maybe there's a connection with his relationship with Hecky .

Possibly the best thing all round is for the lad to move on and I say that with a heavy heart but nobody appears to be coming out of this too well as things stand today .

I think I'd gamble with Hammill over Hecky. I'm not 100 per cent convinced with him as a manager. Hammill might be here longer than him. If he stays.

I'd also say that supposing Hammill does leave it might come back to haunt the club more than losing Hecky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    What's wrong with a bit of arrogance and confidence in your ability? I'd be pissed if I was benched or taken off at a time in the season when the team was playing sh1te and we were at the time we played Newcastle.
    It's not just attitude on the pitch it's off as well. Training , tours , players nights out plus his petulant public reactions towards Heckys decisions. On paper he should be the club captain and he always speaks well in interviews. It's all the other stuff.

He's a legend for what he's done here and had some massive moments in our history and I want him to stay.

But don't put it all down to Hecky messing him about him not playing.

His performances last season weren't good enough.

He's always been too good for Lg 1 but pretty average with the odd glimpse of brilliance at Championship level.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast