+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is our squad OK now?

Is our squad OK now?

On the presumption that Coyle Denton and Antonsson have been loaned out with a view they still have a future at Leeds, and that Murphy Diagouraga and possibly doukara don't have a future at Leeds (those 3 haven't been in an 18 yet this season), our squad is now the following :

Wiedwald Green BPF Berardi Ayling CBJ Anita Jansson Pennington Shaughnessy Cooper Okane Phillips Klich Vieira Bridcutt Saiz Hernandez Alioski Dallas Sacko Gomes Roofe Wood Ekuban

Baring in mind several of the above can play in multiple positions, and the option to cut Coyle Denton and Antonsson loans short if we get an injury crisis, do we have enough cover in all positions now? I'd worry if wood became unavailable and we still play with one upfront, for 2 upfront we have some decent pairs, but wood is the only genuine target man. Otherwise I really think our squad looks half decent now, do we really need any more players? Bar a target man striker?

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    On the presumption that Coyle Denton and Antonsson have been loaned out with a view they still have a future at Leeds, and that Murphy Diagouraga and possibly doukara don't have a future at Leeds (those 3 haven't been in an 18 yet this season), our squad is now the following :

Wiedwald Green BPF Berardi Ayling CBJ Anita Jansson Pennington Shaughnessy Cooper Okane Phillips Klich Vieira Bridcutt Saiz Hernandez Alioski Dallas Sacko Gomes Roofe Wood Ekuban

Baring in mind several of the above can play in multiple positions, and the option to cut Coyle Denton and Antonsson loans short if we get an injury crisis, do we have enough cover in all positions now? I'd worry if wood became unavailable and we still play with one upfront, for 2 upfront we have some decent pairs, but wood is the only genuine target man. Otherwise I really think our squad looks half decent now, do we really need any more players? Bar a target man striker?
    Ask again in December when they have played on a couple of wet and freezing Saturdays at Leeds.

Nope, still need a decent striker option when Wood isn't firing as well as a decent CB, we can't rely on Shaughnessy for the whole season.

Definitely need a striker as wood will probably on his way to Burnley, and a centre half, as if janssen gets suspended, as highly likely we have cooper who's unreliable and two very young stand ins.

Still need a proper left back, enough of this make shift nonsense, I like Berardi but him and Ayling should be fighting for right back where he belongs, he does a job for us at LB but having a proper left footer there who can get up and down the pitch would make us much more effective, like when Taylor was playing properly and not sulking.

I know we have Pennington but I still want a proper CB in like Bartley, as at the moment we have Cooper who I'm happy with as a back up and Pennington who I've seen very briefly and although he looks competent, he is still a fairly inexperienced player and then Shaughnessy who has looked like he can handle himself when called upon but again not experienced. Can CBJ play CB?

Then a striker and if Wood was to leave we need a top striker and a back up. At the moment we have Wood and the unproven Ekuban which isn't enough, need more options even if it is a loan signing from the Prem.

Good point Joel, I wasn't convinced with Anita at LB on Tuesday, too slow and too easy to get round him to the byline.

Think the answer to the thread title is.......no.

If their good enough...their old enough

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Good point Joel, I wasn't convinced with Anita at LB on Tuesday, too slow and too easy to get round him to the byline.
    I'm not convinced by Anita in general, don't mind him as a squad player but if he is starting regular then we've got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    If their good enough...their old enough

I agree, but I'm coming from the view of we don't really know if he is good enough yet and I'd rather we didn't risk our season on a young CB coming good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)