+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: De Jong gone

Exclamation De Jong gone

Mixed emotions about this one. I personally feel he showed glimpses of being a good player and am sad he never got a proper run of fitness to prove himself worthy (or not) of a place in the team. That said, his wages are now off the books and his injuries won't be keeping our physios busy. We reportedly got about £4m for him. Hopefully the wages we've saved on him and Riviere might be enough to bring in one good player!

Mixed emotions FFS!!!!
    Put the pipe doon and try..
    "GET THE FECK IN!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Mixed emotions FFS!!!!
    Put the pipe doon and try..
    "GET THE FECK IN!!!"
    I just find it strange that in the past few seasons we keep buying players who are considered decent quality, who then never even get a chance in our team! De Jong seems like a decent lad with good experience and the qualities to potentially be the playmaker we've been missing. He's finally over his injuries and I fully expected him to finally play some role this season. Instead, he heads off having done nothing at all. Very odd. Selling Krul and bringing in someone like Wayne Hennessy (if the latest is to be believed) seems like a move sideways, nothing more than pushing out a loyal servant of the club for no good reason only to bring in someone no better than our other options. Also with Lazaar - we're reportedly looking to sell him, then spend about the same again on yet another untested left back from Italy. Really not sure what's going on.
    Last edited by Nephy; 28-08-2017 at 12:06 PM.

To be fair to all those concered though,a prem player that accidentaly pokes himself in the eye,shouldnt miss two months football.
    I agree theres something amiss,you would have at least thought that the MRI at his medical,would have shown a heart the size of a pea...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephy View Post
    Mixed emotions about this one. I personally feel he showed glimpses of being a good player and am sad he never got a proper run of fitness to prove himself worthy (or not) of a place in the team. That said, his wages are now off the books and his injuries won't be keeping our physios busy. We reportedly got about £4m for him. Hopefully the wages we've saved on him and Riviere might be enough to bring in one good player!
    I remember the champions league game against city and he destroyed them got 3 goals over 2 legs. I think he could of been a Erickson type player if he stayed fit from the start

Sad as he never really got a chance after recovering from injury and certainly dont want Wayne Hennessy

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    I remember the champions league game against city and he destroyed them got 3 goals over 2 legs. I think he could of been a Erickson type player if he stayed fit from the start
    I agree.

He's got fantastic ability and could have been a massive player for us.

He's been here a few years now though and hasn't done **** apart from pick up a wage tbh.

I had high hopes for him this season though, Rafa obviously feels he just can't cut it in the Prem- wrong place, wrong time etc.

He obviously has a replacement/AM in mind, lets hope he gets him through the door and it's not just to put towards signing a keeper because personally I don't think we ****ing need another!

he cost us £6m (when that was a decent sum for a player).
    offered little, gave us even less, he's gone...... he won't be missed!

marginally better than his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephy View Post
    I just find it strange that in the past few seasons we keep buying players who are considered decent quality, who then never even get a chance in our team! De Jong seems like a decent lad with good experience and the qualities to potentially be the playmaker we've been missing. He's finally over his injuries and I fully expected him to finally play some role this season. Instead, he heads off having done nothing at all. Very odd. Selling Krul and bringing in someone like Wayne Hennessy (if the latest is to be believed) seems like a move sideways, nothing more than pushing out a loyal servant of the club for no good reason only to bring in someone no better than our other options. Also with Lazaar - we're reportedly looking to sell him, then spend about the same again on yet another untested left back from Italy. Really not sure what's going on.

What's going on is, Rafa is clearing out the deadwood, just like Pboro said he would.

Some players from other leagues just can't cope with the sheer intensity of the Prem.Others slot in nicely,the trick is to spot the ones who can do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)