+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a "supporter?

Are you a "supporter?

Talking to a neighbour got me to thinking about this.

This bloke is,according to him......."a massive Man United supporter".

Loves wearing his replica kit etc,etc.

Asked him how often he went to Old Trafford to which he replied....."Never been".

This bloke had never actually been to a live Man U match and he's in his 40's.

In effect I guess this makes people like him a "fan" and not a "supporter" yet not many people express themselves as fans,they always use the supporter tag.

Take my Speedway team.

In the 70-90's I was a Cradley Heathens supporter,I never missed a home match for many years,I no watch them live but always look out for them so I class myself as a fan now as I no longer go along and offer support.

There's a fair few "fans" on this forum now from places like Gloucester and Newcastle.......!?

That's about right Mick, i have been an Albion supporter for years, both home and away, a member of the supporters club. Went to Sheff Wed once in a supporters mini bus, on a freezing Wednesday night, sat next to long haired Mick, now theres a real supporter.
    But i can't class myself a supporter now as i no longer pay to watch them.
    So i have been an Albion fan since 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Talking to a neighbour got me to thinking about this.

This bloke is,according to him......."a massive Man United supporter".

Loves wearing his replica kit etc,etc.

Asked him how often he went to Old Trafford to which he replied....."Never been".

This bloke had never actually been to a live Man U match and he's in his 40's.

In effect I guess this makes people like him a "fan" and not a "supporter" yet not many people express themselves as fans,they always use the supporter tag.

Take my Speedway team.

In the 70-90's I was a Cradley Heathens supporter,I never missed a home match for many years,I no watch them live but always look out for them so I class myself as a fan now as I no longer go along and offer support.

There's a fair few "fans" on this forum now from places like Gloucester and Newcastle.......!?

Jeez you must be F**king bored!

What would you class me as, I live in North Wales, I'm a STH and travel to all home games but no longer take in away games?

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    So had you to keep visiting our board. Some might say it's an obsession, but i wouldn't say anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    What would you class me as, I live in North Wales, I'm a STH and travel to all home games but no longer take in away games?

Why would you give a Sh*t what he classes you as? you put your hard earned through the turnstiles buy the merch and whatever as a fan or supporter! its just a wind up fishing exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    So had you to keep visiting our board. Some might say it's an obsession, but i wouldn't say anything like that.
    Awww that's nice 55 thanks!

It's a bit of semantics it seems to me. However, 'Supporter' to me, does infer some passive action, e.g. Match attendance or other actions.
    I have a number of pals who have never attended a game, but consider themselves a 'supporter'. I prefer to label them "well wishers"
    :-)

Is this newcys's partner?

Awww that's nice 55 thanks!
    Bloody hell eve.

Here for a few minutes and you've already got a full net

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)