+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brentford & Oxford

Brentford & Oxford

Hey up Millers fans.
    We've had mixed results this weekend haven't we, against two allegedly lesser teams in their respective divisions.
    Since they came up to that level, Brentford have been surprising people and 'over' achieving every season, and you have to give them credit for it. I know 5-1 looks and sounds bad and I don't know how the match went yesterday, but does this change anybody's opinions for the season already ?.
    We hammered Oxford yesterday also by 4 goals and once again, its all about keeping calm and not over reacting to an opening day result.
    I think all of us as fans try to wait till about 10 games into the season though don't we, before making any long term judgments.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Really?
    Yep, thanks for the reply kid, it took me absolutely ages to read it.

Ffs man, just do one. Go and talk to your pal animal thingybobs. Your pretentious interest in us, cloaked in patronising condescension, is not even subtle.

If any Miller falls for this then they want their bumps feeling. And if Millers want to know what baaarnsley fans think of us then just pop over and read their forum (barnsley bulletin board). Trust me, they truly think they're one up on us. Dont fall for this pals act, its fake and all they want is to get us talking about them.

No I will NOT 'do one', but thanks for the advice anyway kid, whoever you are.
    Ive posted on this board for some years now and whether its patronising to you, well thats totally irrelevant to me.
    Last edited by Acido; 05-08-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Im Grumps and I've been on this board since its inception "kid", and having worked in baaaarnsley for nigh on 30 years I am wise to the ****e you and your brethen spin in order to get us talking about your town. Im also fully aware of how you lot think you look down on our club!! So, do one.

Nothing is decided on the opening day. 2 years ago to the day we were 2-0 up inside 30 minutes against Wolves and playing champagne football.
    We ended up drawing 2-2 and very fortunate to get the point, then relegated in March.

You're welcome to post here acido, I couldn't care less what you do or say.

Just like to point out that you may get offhanded replies back from some locals because unlike the other Barnsley fans who post on here you seem to have an air of smug gitness about you.

It’s not that we have a shortage of smug gits here already

Hi Acido.

Take no notice of old Grumps mate you are more than welcome on here as far as I am concerned.

As you say it's only 1 game and means **** all in the grand scheme of things. i will wait until around the 10 game mark to asses where we are as a team.

You lot got off to a good start (Congrats) I have a few Barnsley Supporters as mates who recon you played well yesterday. But as you say now is not the time to get too giddy or too pessimistic.

All the best for the coming season mate I hope you go up as I have always enjoyed a trip to your ground where we need to improve our win loss ratio.

UTM!

Glad Barnsley won yesterday, I had them in my bet of the day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast