+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 103 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

In case you didn't know, your hard work has been appreciated on the Wrexham board ncfcog. Here's one comment:

"That's a great and very professional read. Unbiased too! Wouldn't it be great to have something like that next season".

A couple more:

"That is superb, it's the only stats based analysis I've seen that is both informative AND interesting to read".

"Excellent unbiased read".

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Preview:

Notts vs Wealdstone
    Wrexham vs Notts

Particularly in depth analysis on Wrexham.

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...ne-h-wrexham-a
    A really good read and informative as usual. Thankyou.

One question what does PPDA stand for on the circular chart where you have possession, territory etc..?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A couple more:

"That is superb, it's the only stats based analysis I've seen that is both informative AND interesting to read".

"Excellent unbiased read".
    Thanks for sharing Elite. I'm in deepest Norfolk so struggling with my internet connection otherwise would have responded earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    A really good read and informative as usual. Thankyou.

One question what does PPDA stand for on the circular chart where you have possession, territory etc..?
    PPDA stands for Passes allowed per defensive action. It essentially looks at how many passes you allow the opposition when they are attacking before they lose possession. It's a metric used to identify a teams pressing but it can be skewed at times because a team could really pres Notts but the quality we have on the ball means we could still keep possession for long periods despite their press which would suggest their press is lacking when it isn't, it just isn't effective.

Wrexham stats are up and guess what, we had loads of possession . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/report-wrexham-a

Nearly 76% possession, that's madness We had more of the ball at Wrexham than we did at home agaainst Wealdstone!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Wrexham stats are up and guess what, we had loads of possession . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/report-wrexham-a
    Great stuff as usual, but I expected Wrexham's Xg to be above ours. I suppose it was until the missed penalty, which must have a big say in the percentages given the 80% chance of scoring.

I think our downfall was in the Xde (expected defensive errors). Even though their first goal was very questionable due to the foul on Bajrami, the other two were down to dire defensive play from us. We might have a case for deserving a draw, but if this was a boxing match there was only one winner on points, and it wasn't us.

Page 96 of 103 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast