Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: What do you expect will happen with the football season?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,147

    What do you expect will happen with the football season?

    Obviously the public's health comes first and this is a secondary issue, but it still needs to be talked about. There are a lot of jobs and prize money at stake.

    What's the consensus on here....

    Null and void the season?
    Finish the season off, perhaps at the back end of the year?
    Next season to be shortened?
    Any other options that have escaped me?

    I predict a null and voided season, followed by chaos and legal challenges by the likes of us and Liverpool.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,763
    I have my doubts about next season as well, and I'm not setting foot in a pub again until this virus is completely eradicated.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    16,090
    I honestly couldnít care less about football now.

    Iím 100% focused on my own health and that of my family.

    Until thereís a vaccine for this Iím not setting foot into a ground or even a shopping centre,Iíll stay locked away in the Worcestershire countryside for the next two years if required.

    Thereís no real reason why the league season canít be frozen in time for 12-18 months if need be.

    I donít want to hear about players and agents moaning........letís be realistic,apart from food thereís nothing to go out for and buy and thereís nowhere open to spend their millions anyway.

    Money is proving to be of very low value at a time like this.

    My own view is that leagues should be decided on points per game because at this point in the season the position youíre presently in is not a fluke.

    Whenever football does restart I see it being in front of sparse crowds because I donít see anything other than the moron and the person whoís already had it wanting to attend.

    I may well never go to a match again.

    There were some riffy b u g g e r s where I used to sit so I wonít be rushing back!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I honestly couldnít care less about football now.

    Iím 100% focused on my own health and that of my family.

    Until thereís a vaccine for this Iím not setting foot into a ground or even a shopping centre,Iíll stay locked away in the Worcestershire countryside for the next two years if required.

    Thereís no real reason why the league season canít be frozen in time for 12-18 months if need be.

    I donít want to hear about players and agents moaning........letís be realistic,apart from food thereís nothing to go out for and buy and thereís nowhere open to spend their millions anyway.

    Money is proving to be of very low value at a time like this.

    My own view is that leagues should be decided on points per game because at this point in the season the position youíre presently in is not a fluke.

    Whenever football does restart I see it being in front of sparse crowds because I donít see anything other than the moron and the person whoís already had it wanting to attend.

    I may well never go to a match again.

    There were some riffy b u g g e r s where I used to sit so I wonít be rushing back!


    Could not agree more Mick! People think when cases die down there will be a mass travel exodus - **** that until this virus is completely eradicated! Maybe there will be a lot of footballers and pundits with no contracts soon seeing how the real world live!!! Donít see many rich folk putting their hands in pockets at the moment to help those in need!!!

    **** Virgin Atlantic asking for government bail out. Branson can part with some of his wealth and private islands to help bail the company out!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,021
    An interesting development occurred on Wednesday. The FA announced that all league records for Grassroots football, Steps 3 to 6 in menís Non league football and Steps 3 to 7 of the Womanís football pyramid be expunged for the 2019/20 season.

    Many teams who were in line for promotion are extremely hacked off and are questioning why the PPG (points per game) system hasnít been used. My own team Dudley Town would have been promoted under PPG but now have to accept the season has to be replayed.

    The Premier League down to Steps 1 and 2 of the National League System inclusive it seems are either doing something different or are gauging response to the decision for the lower leagues?

  6. #6
    I think the season will be declared void. The Premier League will just look after itself.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I think the season will be declared void. The Premier League will just look after itself.
    The Prem League and everyone else seem desperate to give Liverpool a title, so i think there will be 22 teams in the prem next season with us and Leeds promoted, with Villa's game in hand it makes it impossible to relegate the bottom 3.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    An interesting development occurred on Wednesday. The FA announced that all league records for Grassroots football, Steps 3 to 6 in men’s Non league football and Steps 3 to 7 of the Woman’s football pyramid be expunged for the 2019/20 season.

    Many teams who were in line for promotion are extremely hacked off and are questioning why the PPG (points per game) system hasn’t been used. My own team Dudley Town would have been promoted under PPG but now have to accept the season has to be replayed.

    The Premier League down to Steps 1 and 2 of the National League System inclusive it seems are either doing something different or are gauging response to the decision for the lower leagues?
    Same here TMJ. I stood on the cold windy terraces of my club Folkestone Invicta all season and seen them vying for a promotion place which looked almost certain. Now, the powers that be have decided that all the sweat and tears the players put him meant nothing. They are obviously trying to use the small fry as test cases because they know that they will probably be challenged in court. The might of the FA against a small club trying to keep their head above water would be a complete mismatch. If they felt that this was the right way to decide a season, then they would have enforced the same ruling on every league not just the minnows.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I honestly couldn’t care less about football now.

    I’m 100% focused on my own health and that of my family.

    Until there’s a vaccine for this I’m not setting foot into a ground or even a shopping centre,I’ll stay locked away in the Worcestershire countryside for the next two years if required.

    There’s no real reason why the league season can’t be frozen in time for 12-18 months if need be.

    I don’t want to hear about players and agents moaning........let’s be realistic,apart from food there’s nothing to go out for and buy and there’s nowhere open to spend their millions anyway.

    Money is proving to be of very low value at a time like this.

    My own view is that leagues should be decided on points per game because at this point in the season the position you’re presently in is not a fluke.

    Whenever football does restart I see it being in front of sparse crowds because I don’t see anything other than the moron and the person who’s already had it wanting to attend.

    I may well never go to a match again.

    There were some riffy b u g g e r s where I used to sit so I won’t be rushing back!
    I take the exact opposite view. Give me the all clear and I will be park running, round my mates, up the pub, in the restaurants, and yes up The Albion. Be interesting to see attendances on resumption. Apart from my mental health I think it's important for our financial health we start spending again so we can support jobs if it does come around again.

    One thing I will be very reluctant to do for a very long time is get on an aeroplane.

    Not a criticism of anyone just my way of dealing with things. I'll take the consequences if I've got it wrong.

    I think the League should finish however long it takes.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 28-03-2020 at 08:19 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Same here TMJ. I stood on the cold windy terraces of my club Folkestone Invicta all season and seen them vying for a promotion place which looked almost certain. Now, the powers that be have decided that all the sweat and tears the players put him meant nothing. They are obviously trying to use the small fry as test cases because they know that they will probably be challenged in court. The might of the FA against a small club trying to keep their head above water would be a complete mismatch. If they felt that this was the right way to decide a season, then they would have enforced the same ruling on every league not just the minnows.
    I share very similar views Tipp, why would they seperate like this? Probably because the fight back would be so weak.

    I remember following Dudley down to Folkestone Town (as it was then) around 1986/87ish think we lost about 5-1 if I remember rightly.

    I remember watching through the windows of a building behind the main stand and seeing indoor bowls being played. My other memory is standing on a terrace behind the goal, and yes I remember it being cold and windy!

    Iím sure I had my camera with me that day, iíll have a mooch to see if I can dig out the photo.

    Ace! Itís a Saturday and Iíve got something football related to do!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •