Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!

Thread: Eleven of us got together last night

Eleven of us got together last night

For our monthly Book Club meeting over Zoom. Worked really well.

Until last week I thought Zoom was a record by The Commodores

Fat Larry's Band wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Fat Larry's Band wasn't it?
    That's solved a mystery for me. My mate who is a music expert said it was The Commodores I thought it wasn't. Google it and up came Commodores. Different version Fat Larry's was the one I had in mind. I can sleep nights now.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    That's solved a mystery for me. My mate who is a music expert said it was The Commodores I thought it wasn't. Google it and up came Commodores. Different version Fat Larry's was the one I had in mind. I can sleep nights now.
    Fat Larry has been pushing up the daisies for a long time now.

Died aged just 38 back in 1987.

Not surprising really,he was sweating like a scout master on a rape charge back in 83 when the video was filmed for “Zoom” due to being so fat.

https://images.app.goo.gl/NPadSqrJTLWsFKSs7

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    For our monthly Book Club meeting over Zoom. Worked really well.

Until last week I thought Zoom was a record by The Commodores
    Recommended books / discussed?
    I’m currently reading Auschwitz non-fiction books. (Following a chilling visit there last year) Present book is The Volunteer. About a Polish guy who deliberately got himself interned there, intending to set up some form of underground resistance and report back to the allies. Another frightening historical report of Nazi/SS terror.

I read a lot online, but haven't pick up a book in over 15 years.
    My wife had a nervous breakdown and severe panic attacks and wouldn't go out even in the garden. So i took 4 months of work to help her recover, it was bit like this lockdown .Once a week i would go to the library, after doing a weeks shop, get 5 books for the week and read the lot. It was in the summer and my wife panicked if she was alone, so the only time i went in the garden was if she dropped off to sleep . The books help me from going mad ,not because i was looking after my wife it was just being cooked up. i read everything maths,politics,ww2 and loads of biography's.
    This locked down is easier, because my wife is in good health but i am missing seeing the family and all the children, we normally see them most days. Though it's stressing me out worrying about other people.