+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Happy to trust Mellon on these. FWIW I think league one is decidedly better than bottom 6 of spl.

Watched a bit of league one and the documentary on Sunderland with Jack Ross shows how tough it can be there. Teams likes Ipswich get 20,000 supporters.

Seems mixed opinions on the two being looked at. MM has personal experience of them so will know if they can bring something.

Very happy to have Edwards signed - especially as a centre half

PS don’t think these will be another Alex Nichols - he was playing or not getting a game for Barnet before he turned up 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    PS don’t think these will be another Alex Nichols - he was playing or not getting a game for Barnet before he turned up 🙈
    I still remember sitting up until midnight, excited at the potential new signings, rumours were going around that we were after a couple of players. We were not miles off Hibs at the top and a couple of brilliant signings might have made all the difference.

And then...

Alex Nicholls.

Need to trust the manager at this stage. Think he tried to sign Edwards for Tranmere so obviously sees something in him. We have been exposed to set pieces over last few years. Hopefully the lads height will help us out in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    I've had a look at the BBC reports for last season. I've also had a look at several Blackpool messageboards.

There's no talk of Edwards on the groups - certainly not as titles for threads. They aren't exactly hives of activity, mind...

The BBC reports give me more cause for concern. The stats show he made 21 appearances. There are two big gaps in the season, though: the first was around the end of August, he came off in a match after 55 mins and was benched for around a month. The match report doesn't say why, I'm guessing it was a niggling injury, though; the second was for a longer spell in early 2020 and he actually dropped out of the squad for a few matches.

Now, it could be niggling injuries (an issue in itself) or it could point to a player who wasn't the top pick in defence.

Hopefully with a period of inactivity and time to prepare over the past month any injury issues have passed and he can fit into our back line relatively quickly.
    Second gap was due to a change manager. Prior to that I they were sometimes a back three and other times a four with him partnering Henaghan. So wouldn’t read to much into it. Just the way it goes sometimes with manager changes.

Meant to be enquiring about Norwood but seemingly he earns double what our top player earns. If so wld think it highly unlikely that he wld come to us especially if his manager is keen to keep him?

The manager knows the English game better than we do so we will have to trust his judgement , still can't shake the feeling Shankland won't be here long this season , hopefully get a few bob to re_invest

I guess we just have to trust the manager on this, and future, 'unknown signings'. The fact he's been in the door two minutes and has already identified two key areas we need to strengthen in is a good sign. Let's just hope they are good enough.

A creative midfielder next please.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Second gap was due to a change manager. Prior to that I they were sometimes a back three and other times a four with him partnering Henaghan. So wouldn’t read to much into it. Just the way it goes sometimes with manager changes.
    Cheers, that's the thing looking solely at reports without any context. Hopefully he'll be good, but I'll start neutral rather than be excited.

So the Norwood interest is genuine. Loan move being proposed.

The big centre half from Ipswich though is dead now that Edwards has signed.

Page 77 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)